treadmill trouble...HELP!!! PLEASE!! :)

CupcakeMomma
CupcakeMomma Posts: 4
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi I hope someone can help me out...

On my treadmill it has a fat calorie counter but I am unsure what I should be entering on my exercise page. ie: it will flash 112 with a little line over the word FAT then flash 359 with the line over CALORIES...does anyone know what I should be entering?

Boy do I feel stupid :blushing: ...I can't even understand how this contraption works :sad:

Thank you in advance for your help. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• I love my Nordic Trak, it registers mpm, calories burned and carbs. What kind of machine do you have?
  • Check the owners manual or the manufactures web site. I would guess that its for calories burned per hour at the current rate.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    I think it probably means that your burned a total of 359 calories of which 112 of them were from fat (possibly the rest were from your reserve of carbs). So you should enter 359 as your calorie count.
  • I don't even look at the display for feedback on how much I burn. I just pay attention to my avg speed and log it on here and let MFP worry about it.

Nothing is going to be exact. It doesn't matter.
  • Don't worry about what the numbers on the treadmill say. Just track your speed (mph) and your time. MFP will calculate the rest for you when you enter it~ within reason
  • ...and no treadmill can tell you how much physical fat you're burning. It depends on a multitude of things... glycogen stores, your nutritional intake, etc.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    As I was reading the part of your post that said " it will flash 112 with a little line over the word FAT " I thought what kind of rude treadmill message is that??? Then I kept reading . . LOL. I agree with Sunshine79, just record the 359 or get a heart monitor to compare calories burned.
  • @ dshalbert :laugh: I guess if my treadmill was flashing FAT I might be more motivated lol....that is funny!
  • You are burning 359 total calories and of that total you burned 112 calories of fat. We you exercise you want to burn fat calories to see results if you are not working in your "fat burning zone" you are burning sugars and carbs.....does that make sense? you may want to Google "fat burning zone"
    So your tredmill was not calling you fat! LOL....happy running!
  • Also to accurately count calories, fat burned and over all vo2 max you should get a heart rate monitor that is set up for you. Polar make a fantastic heart rate monitor it does everything but wash your kitchen floor!
    A tredmill is usually set for a 150 lb Male.
This discussion has been closed.