Pilates

Options
Does anyone know the calories burned for an hour pilates class? I would love to be able to enter it in my exercise diary?
Thanks!
Bunny :happy:

Replies

• bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know the calories burned for an hour pilates class? I would love to be able to enter it in my exercise diary?
    Thanks!
    Bunny :happy:
  • mamakitty
    Options
    I used the calories burned calculator on shape.com, it could have been self.com.
  • tpdance
    Options
    i like caloriesperhour.com. GREAT website for lots of calorie burning activites, resting MR, etc.
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I used that web site and it say that for one hour at 120 pounds you burn 191 calories.
    Bunny
  • mamakitty
    Options
    I used my heart rate monitor and did 50 minutes and only burned 120cals.
  • tpdance
    Options
    probably really depends on how intense non stop your class is, depends on the burn. Don't forget, after a workout class, ur metabolic rate is increased AFTER the workout, meaning your body will burn more than your RMR for a duration after your workout, so that could account for u actually burning more than just what your HRM says during the actual time of the workout. Met rate is such a tricky thing! Unless you have the means and money to get everything individually calculated for yourself and for an entire day, then averages or guessing is all you can do! bummer! :-)