My dog and I are trying to lose weight

Options
First of all thanks to the creator of this site- it's well organized and seems to have addressed all of the possible concerns a person trying to lose weight might have.

I want to introduce myself. I am the proud mother of a poodle mix named Niko. Niko is 4 lbs overweight and from a dog perspective that is like 40 lbs. I also need to lose 40 lbs so we are in this together.

You might think this is easy for the dog since I control what he eats, but I am not 40 lbs overweight by been a disciplined person, so we both need support.

Niko has been helpful as far as the walking is concerned. I am a responsible owner and no matter the weather, I am walk him almost everyday.

I have a hard time losing weight .I exercise more than most people (tennis, walking, tai chi, golf, belly dancing) but when I diet my metabolism stops and I never lose very much- so I tend to get discouraged.

I am enthusiastic about keeping track of what I eat and exercise so I hope this way might be the way for me. I have only doing this a week, no great results yet but hopefully it will help me have the control I lack.

Wish Niko and me good luck.

Replies

• ydf51
    ydf51 Posts: 11
    Options
    First of all thanks to the creator of this site- it's well organized and seems to have addressed all of the possible concerns a person trying to lose weight might have.

I want to introduce myself. I am the proud mother of a poodle mix named Niko. Niko is 4 lbs overweight and from a dog perspective that is like 40 lbs. I also need to lose 40 lbs so we are in this together.

You might think this is easy for the dog since I control what he eats, but I am not 40 lbs overweight by been a disciplined person, so we both need support.

Niko has been helpful as far as the walking is concerned. I am a responsible owner and no matter the weather, I am walk him almost everyday.

I have a hard time losing weight .I exercise more than most people (tennis, walking, tai chi, golf, belly dancing) but when I diet my metabolism stops and I never lose very much- so I tend to get discouraged.

I am enthusiastic about keeping track of what I eat and exercise so I hope this way might be the way for me. I have only doing this a week, no great results yet but hopefully it will help me have the control I lack.

Wish Niko and me good luck.
  • LeelaStar
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

What a cute puppers you have!!
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    i loved your intro :smile:

warm welcome and good luck wishes to you and niko :flowerforyou:

may
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck! :happy:
  • clairegl
    Options
    Good luck to you and your pooch.
    Keep coming back, it works.
  • ydf51
    Options
    I see you are a dog lover also. Congrats on losing so much weight. Yvette
  • ydf51
    Options
    thanks you and congrats on losing so much weight. I have tended to think I could do anything I really wanted to do but losing weight has stomped me so I am always impressed when someone succeeds in doing it. Yvette
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the both of you!