Just Fell

Options
I'm home by myself and just fell on the walkway. I went down on ice and slid right onto my back. Didn't know what hit me till I was on the concrete looking up. My leg feels like I twisted it the wrong way. I took an Aleve, and hopefully that kicks in soon. I was recently diagnosed with osteoporosis in my spine so this really scared and upset me. I'm desperately trying not to reach for food. A box of chocolate would be like heaven right about now. :cry:

Replies

• blondie_0506
    Options
    Oh no! Thats terrible!! I hope you are ok!! But be strong, don't reach for chocolate! Grab an apple instead :)
  • mkfehringer
    Options
    OUCH! Careful out there. Could hot tea help sooth the ache? I can totally understand the box of chocolate thing, but hang in there.
  • taraleola05
    taraleola05 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I too just fell this past week..in the shower. I hurt my gIutes pretty badly with some very colorful bruising to show for it! I had to cut back my training schedule, which really sucked!!! I would say rest for 5-7 days and then get back at it again. You want to make sure that you are alright and healed enough to get back to working out and such, and remember to start off slow again. Just watch your caloric intake..and it's ok to sneak in a couple of chocolates, I had some liquid therapy after I fell haha. If it's still hurting by tomorrow, I'd go see a doctor. Hope the meds you took work and good luck!!

Tara Leola*~
  • megpiemac12
    Options
    ouch! Chocolate won't make the pain go away. Be strong. The other day I was totally craving something sweet and I bought the Jello Desert cups. Had the raspberry cheesecake one and it was great! Also, when I need the chocolate, I buy skinny cow triple chocolate ice cream bars. They actually taste like you are eating chocolate ice cream and not some fake, cardboard stuff! good luck and feel better!
  • HungryTuna
    Options
    Ouch! So sorry to hear that! We've got quite the ice problem here in Ohio too. I hope you feel better, and honestly, if it helps, take a nap, read, or do something with your hands (draw, knit, or make something) to take your mind off sweets.

Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery!
  • lefrance12
    Options
    you poor thing. Be strong though and dont give in to what you have been trying so hard to resist.
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I hope you didn't damage anything, and I also hope you feel better soon. Always, make sure you have some fruit to grab, and keep the chocolate out of your home. Stay strong. You can do this.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Ouch! I hope you feel better soon. I fell down my back porch steps twice in the past two weeks on ice. At least I bruised myself in new places yesterday. :grumble:

I'm going to go against the grain and say that if you know you can stop and it's within your calories... go for the chocolate. Things are called comfort food for a reason.

If not, may I suggest a lot of swearing? It's my go-to for frustration and pain relief.

http://www.geek.com/articles/news/swearing-helps-pain-tolerance-20090713/
  • Ballay
    Ballay Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You're already in physical pain. Eating a box of chocolate would only add emotional pain (ie guilt) to that. So...I say don't go for it. There are other non-food solutions like music, a nice bubble bath or a massage. Hope that helps; and I hope the advil kicks in soon too:)
  • lizb59
    lizb59 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    A big bowl of plain (no butter) popcorn and sugarless hot chocolate can give you the cozy feeling you're looking for without blowing it. Rest and hold off the cravings as long as possible. Lots of times if you just wait about 20 minutes - they go away.
    :ohwell:
  • jerzger
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm feeling much better having opted for a warm oil bath with a scented candle. It was very soothing. You are all awesome! :flowerforyou: