makes sense to me it's the next day it's after midnight
but I've saved some calories from the day before
so
what would you do???

Replies

• doesgo
    doesgo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Doesn't really matter, in my opinion. It's easiest to track daily calories so it doesn't get away from you, but realistically you're looking for a good average over time. A little over one day and a little under the next....no big deal.
  • imperfectlyhere
    Options
    hmmm I say the next day. i never eat this lateand now I can see why...lol
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    In a situation like that id plonk half of the calories on that day, half on the day before....

Unless your feeling naughty and want extra calories for the day..
    Then i say stick the calories on last night.

Whatever one makes your dieting easier i would guess..
  • Lisamariemlt
    Lisamariemlt Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Doesn't really matter, in my opinion. It's easiest to track daily calories so it doesn't get away from you, but realistically you're looking for a good average over time. A little over one day and a little under the next....no big deal.

thanks for the info
    makes sense
    and well
    yup I struggle to eat my cal during the day so makes a good thought from day to day being all about but by having a good average
    and congrats on the loss
  • dan_jones
    dan_jones Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today - Whimpy

I thought I was king of the midnight snackers!! I work a 4 day week and I don't get home till after 1 AM. The last thing I want to do is go to bed hungry. I used to count the (midnight meal) as a snack on the previous day, but lately I have been adding it as a snack to the next day. It helps some nights to move some calories forward, but this game has to stop somewhere. I would just say try to be consistant and most of all, if you use the next day, try not to forget to add it in if you record this snack in the daylight hours.

Make sense? Now I am getting hungry...

Dan
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Plan & log before bed, then eat when you're up... that way it's already logged and accounted for, and you don't have to remember later what it was.

Alternatively, sometimes my "breakfast" was really 3 AM, and snack was at 6 AM... rather than breakfast at 6....
  • Lisamariemlt
    Options
    In a situation like that id plonk half of the calories on that day, half on the day before....

Unless your feeling naughty and want extra calories for the day..
    Then i say stick the calories on last night.

Whatever one makes your dieting easier i would guess..

thanks for the input
    I like the night before too especially if I don't eat all my calories for that day which is happening lots right now
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    np
    and good luck with your diet!
  • Lisamariemlt
    Options
    gotta say I like the night before
    I'm having trouble eating up all my calories
    drinking milk is one of my main habits
    and well
    the milk and an oatmeal cookie or rice krispie square make things add up a little
    and it's fast and easy when the dog wants out
  • Lisamariemlt
    Options
    I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today - Whimpy

I thought I was king of the midnight snackers!! I work a 4 day week and I don't get home till after 1 AM. The last thing I want to do is go to bed hungry. I used to count the (midnight meal) as a snack on the previous day, but lately I have been adding it as a snack to the next day. It helps some nights to move some calories forward, but this game has to stop somewhere. I would just say try to be consistant and most of all, if you use the next day, try not to forget to add it in if you record this snack in the daylight hours.

Make sense? Now I am getting hungry...

hungry here too lol
    going for that simple and done the day before answer
    the dog wants out
    never fails
    and so there I am in the kitchen
    only door to back yard
    and well
    the habit is to stop and eat
    now I will just count those calories and not feel guilty

and believe it or not
    I was at the store the other day and a young lady wanted two packs of smokes
    asked if she could pay for it in a day or two
    the store owner let her
    so why not a hamburger too lol
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I always count the night before since I have not gone to bed yet. It is probably because I still consider it the same day even if it is after midnight.
  • ubermama
    Options
    Well if you have saved up the calories, then you've planned ahead and can safely put them on today and not feel guilty. Plus that means that you get more food tomorrow. BUT, if it's not a lot of calories, you would be that much farther ahead tomorrow if you put them on tomorrow. It's up to you. Either way, I recommend not feeling guilty about it especially if you are under your calorie goal both days! You are doing great! :smile:
  • Paolinat
    Paolinat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    We eat calories to provide energy for exercise. Don't eat because the dog wants out and the fridge is there. Break the habit. Eating food and going to bed actually forces your body to store the extra calories as fat because you are doing nothing to burn them.

By skipping the midnight snack, not only will you lose more fat and look trimmer faster but after 1 week of skipping the midnight snack,you will feel stronger mentally because you have control over food and it doesn't have control over you. WOO HOO!!!