Sooooooooo!! :)

Options
This Saturday, Sept 6th...is my one year anniversary of my new lifestyle. That day, I stepped on the scale and saw 270 and my heart dropped. I guess I had been in denial because I hadn't weighed in awhile. But, seeing that number scared me. Hearing my husband say how worried he was because of my snoring, etc. It was kind of surreal, but a time I won't forget.

I didn't join MFP until Feb, but I was doing the same thing. Counting calories, journaling them, exercising, etc..

Anyway, if someone had told the Tami of last September that one year later she could be SO much healthier and have lost SOO much weight, she probably wouldn't have believed it! The whole "task" of losing that much weight was truly daunting. But, I figured my weight could go up or down and I chose to have it go down, taking it one week at a time. :)

So anyway, I feel like I should do something to commemorate the day.......but not quite sure what! LOL! Any suggestions??? LOL!

OH, and I have stopped snoring completely!! :wink: :wink:

Take care all!!!!!!
-Tami

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    This Saturday, Sept 6th...is my one year anniversary of my new lifestyle. That day, I stepped on the scale and saw 270 and my heart dropped. I guess I had been in denial because I hadn't weighed in awhile. But, seeing that number scared me. Hearing my husband say how worried he was because of my snoring, etc. It was kind of surreal, but a time I won't forget.

I didn't join MFP until Feb, but I was doing the same thing. Counting calories, journaling them, exercising, etc..

Anyway, if someone had told the Tami of last September that one year later she could be SO much healthier and have lost SOO much weight, she probably wouldn't have believed it! The whole "task" of losing that much weight was truly daunting. But, I figured my weight could go up or down and I chose to have it go down, taking it one week at a time. :)

So anyway, I feel like I should do something to commemorate the day.......but not quite sure what! LOL! Any suggestions??? LOL!

OH, and I have stopped snoring completely!! :wink: :wink:

Take care all!!!!!!
    -Tami
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, and btw, congrats on your new 2lb loss!! Yay Tam!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • girldeese
    Options
    Good going!! I know sooo many people look at you and think that they can do it too! :wink:
  • akwhite
    akwhite Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Go buy yourself a cute outfit and have a hot date with your husband! Wear something you never would have dreamed about wearing this time last year.

Congrats, Girl!:bigsmile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Spa day!!! spa day!! (I love spa days. . .even though my wallet doesn't)

A mani-pedi is a good indulgence, and a massage is even better.

That's what I did when I reached what I thought was my goal weight (then I re-evaluated and lowered the goal).
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    You should most definitely do something to celebrate your success!!
  • TamTastic
    Options

-Tami

Mine involved baby oil and duct tape.
    :noway: :noway:
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary and awesome achievement! I agree with Vivia - Spa Day, maybe some clothes shopping; whatever would be your indulgence. You have certainly earned it!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary and awesome achievement! I agree with Vivia - Spa Day, maybe some clothes shopping; whatever would be your indulgence. You have certainly earned it!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:

I agree that you've earned it.
    It truly is amazing to hear your story.
    Do something that you personally love.
    OR....you can start early tryin for that baby. :laugh:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

Happy Anniversay to u!!!!

You are such an inspiration!
    :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options

Then Maximus's suggestion of duct tape and baby oil might come in handy after all!! :laugh: :wink:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options

Then Maximus's suggestion of duct tape and baby oil might come in handy after all!! :laugh: :wink:

There ya go....no sense in wasting some mighty fine duct tape! :laugh:
  • jsmalla
    jsmalla Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Way to go, Tam!
  • timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Way to go Tam. Congrats!

Go out to a great restaurant and eat some lobster and broccoli, no butter!
    :laugh:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary, I think you deserve a weekend to celebrate. A night or two in a professionally run hotel is so indulgent.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    110 lbs in a year. That's amazing. My goal is a measly 50 lbs in the next year. If you can do double that I know I can do it. I CAN I CAN I CAN (notice I didn't say think :wink: )
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options