Help! I am stuck......

Options
So I have been back on my workout schedule and watching my calories, but for the last month I have been stuck at my weight. Someone told me when that happens you need to build up your metabolism more.....is this correct? Any other advise or tips on how to get past this wall I have hit. It is very frusrtrating. :ohwell:

Replies

• meeahham
    Options
    Can I ask how many calories you're taking in and are you counting carbs and proteins?
  • cindeeflo
    cindeeflo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am suppose to be only taking in 1200 most days I am really good about staying in that amount....If i don't I make sure to work out harder if I go over. I haven't been paying close attention to carbs and protein. Will that help?
  • cutieAlysa
    Options
    Try Getting some protien..... or evern the dieabities diet me and mom my did it! we dont have deiabities but it was recommended top us by a nurse! it works so well for 3 days u have to eat certian foods..... and whenur 3 days is over BAM! i lost ten pounds! it works every time!!!!!!! :) hope i helped
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    So I have been back on my workout schedule and watching my calories, but for the last month I have been stuck at my weight. Someone told me when that happens you need to build up your metabolism more.....is this correct? Any other advise or tips on how to get past this wall I have hit. It is very frusrtrating. :ohwell:

I'm in the same boat you are. Everyone says the first week or so you lose a lot of water weight. Is it possible not to have water weight because I haven't lost anything. I am weighing myself tomorrow for the first time in a week or so and hopefully there will be a change. Good luck with breaking through your current weight. If you get any good advice can you pass it along to me? Thanks. Friend me if you want - we can cheer each other up :flowerforyou:
  • cindeeflo
    cindeeflo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh! well good luck! :)
  • meeahham
    Options
    You definitely need to worry more about the carbs and proteins. You need a good balance of the two. When it comes to calories, if you're staying within the carb and protein ration that you should have, the calories work themselves out. The type of calories you take in can also affect your cravings for sweets etc. Counting the carbs will also help to eliminate those cravings for sweets. Hope this helps.
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Maybe try switching up your workout routine too, sometimes your body will get too used to one certain type of exercise. Try adding some weightlifting or doing intervals, high intensity, med, intensity, low intensity and then back to high again etc. If that makes sense ;)