"H20" Seriously Sexy Seven pounds of Valentines Day Week 5

Options
"H20" Seriously Sexy Seven pounds of Valentines Day

FIRST OF ALL I WANT TO GIVE BRU A BIG THANKS FOR HELPING ME OUT OVER THE PAST FEW WEEKS.. NOW I WISH HER WELL WITH HER TOOTH PROBLEM.. THANKS AGAIN BRU.. YOU HELPED ME OUT SOO MUCH.. AND I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO WISH EVERYONE WELL WHO HAS BEEN SICK OVER THE PAST FEW WEEKS. I FINALLY WENT TO THE DOCTOR YESTERDAY, WHICH THANK GOD I DID. IM FINALLY STARTING TO FEEL BETTER.

-I would like to invite anyone who would like to join this Challenge. We are a bunch of ladies, few gents that are here to lose weight. We make small weekly challenges to keep us going. Anyone is welcomed.. No matter who far we get into the challenge.. You ARE welcomed!

Week 5 of 6

2453350mq40o5ivce.png

How are your THREE faults coming along? Are we struggling with them? Need any help working towards them? Remember we ARE here for YOU!

Week 5 is going to be TRY SOMETHING NEW week.. We often get into routine and then we hit a plateau. So why dont we lessen that chance this week by trying something new.

Challenge 1 - Week 5
(01/31) - Try a new homemade recipe. Maybe there is a recipe you've been dying to try, but you haven't taken the time, or you have to search for it. Lets try a new homemade recipe. Sometime we have to make the time for it whether we got it or not.

Challenge 2 - Week 5
(01/31) - Try a new workout - a new strength training - a new workout dvd.. try something new. Change it up a little bit.

Challenge 3 - Week 5
(01/31) - Try a new.. Pampering.. Something new that you've wanted to try.. Nail Polish, Lotion, body wash, shampoo, hair product ect.. Something New! You deserve it after all the hard work.. You ARE worth it..

Challenge 4 - Week 5
(01/31) - Try a new Yoga Pose, or a new "method" of meditation. Search on YouTube for videos if need be. Maybe youll find a new method that works out better.

water-bottles.jpg

Week 5 is here which means, submit your water bottle designs. I decided to change it a little bit. Create a design on your water bottle, and or create a design for a "label".. Show your love for "H20" maybe help promote our group a little.. The winner of this little contest will receive a small gift in the mail from me.. :) We will extend this thru next weeks challenge.. Submission by 02/14..

QUOTE OF THE WEEK - "Just because you're not sick doesn't mean you're healthy." ~Author Unknown

We have just this week and next week left and we are done with this challenge.. So we need to decide the length of the next challenge.. ideas are welcomed..

Bru's ideas - Easter/Spring Challenge? H2O's 20(lbs) Bunny Challenge or so on....

Please share ANY ideas you may have..

Hope you enjoy Week 5.. Sorry for being absent for soo long lately.. and Im sorry for the delay for this week but its finally up.. <3 April Val

Replies

• violet_820
    violet_820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    And I want to thank both of you for doing these challenges. They are awesome!

Will have to think about my "new" challenges for the week and post those later.

My CW is 178.2, so I'm down 4.2lbs/7lbs for the challenge. 2.8lbs to go! And two weeks! Wow, going by fast.

Am already looking forward to the easter challenge!!!

PS: GOOD JOB everyone! Doing great!
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

I am starting out this week at 233. That's down about 4lbs from when I started. I'm pretty pleased with it!

CSW: 237.4
    CW: 233
    CGW: 229

Challenge 1: I'm excited! I'm going to look up a new crock pot recipe to make tomorrow because the high is supposed to be -3. Definitely crock pot weather.

Challenge 2: Done! I did P90x yesterday at my brother- and sister-in-law's house and it was AMAZING. I actually remember a lot of what I did, so tomorrow when I am done with my regular cardio in the morning I plan on doing several of the strengthening and abdominal exercises from the video.

Challenge 3: This will take some creativity.

Challenge 4: I would love to try some new yoga poses, or at least give some old ones a new try. Sun Salutations have been my favorite, and they can get really intense!!
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Weight the same...

Thanks so much for doing the challenges. I know that between you and Bru feeling under the weather that it is hard sometimes to keep it up. But you both rocked it!

I am hoping for a good week.

Looking forward to the easter Challenge. I find that once Feb starts, I am ready. Same thing happened last year..jan was slow but I ramped it up after that!

How about something with chicks for our challenge?

Linda
  • ChantalC1969
    ChantalC1969 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better AprilVal! Thanks for another weekly challenge! Will check this out in the am...

Good night Sexy Ladies!!!

Chantal:flowerforyou:
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Thank you April and Bru for keeping this place running! You two are fantastic beyond words.

My something new this week - NEW BRA SIZE! I've been a size 38G for the last year or so. Recently I'd noticed that I didn't feel confident in my bras any more, and that I was kinda swimming in them. I went to get sized and turns out I'm a 34/36F. That's one or two bands and one cup down. Sah-weet! This wasn't an easy conclusion to come to, as Cacique girl saw me and said "are you sure you belong in this store?", sized me at a 32F (Uh, no, I don't think so! She didn't do the formula, just went straight from the inches.) and sent me to Soma. Soma gal clocked me in at 36DD, but after trying on DD and DDD came to the conclusion that I'm an F...which they don't carry...and also came to the conclusion that I should try a 34 since I had some extra room on the 36 band. So back to Cacique to find the smallest band F cups come in is a 38. :sick: So good news is my weight loss is definitely materializing, but the bad news is now I have absolutely NO idea where to find bras.

Challenge 1-I'm looking into trying a recipe from supermarket Eat This Not That this week.

Challenge 2-Will have to think about this one. I want to keep going with the Leslie Sansone workouts...what can I add in...

Challenge 3-TOTALLY have this one under control! LOL I've got the new Katy Perry OPI collection on order with a local beauty supply store and the lovelies will be in this week so as soon as they arrive you KNOW I'll be helping myself to a heaping bowl full of pampering with gorgeous glitter and shatter!

Challenge 4-YOGA! I keep forgetting about Yoga on the Wii Fit. I used to do it quite a bit and then got bored. Now I only fire up
    the Wii Fit to do a body test once a week. :laugh: I think this week I'll get back on the balance board and get some good yoga time logged.

Yay! It is water bottle design week!! Gotta get to decorating. Can't wait to break out my paint pens! They've gone unused for FAR too long!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Yay for a new challenge week!! Thanks for posting, April!

As for the challenges: #1: I'll be making a chicken pot pie tonight (yes, from scratch)!

#2: I'll have to think about this one.

#3: I think for this I'm going to make myself a nice bubble bath and soak until I'm wrinkled. I only take showers!

#4: I will try a new pose (or poses) on the Wii Fit.

Pinky, you'll have to share swatches of the new colors! I'm excited to see them! Also, see if you have a retailer nearby that sells Wacoal bras. I love them and they have some sexy designs!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Pinky, you'll have to share swatches of the new colors! I'm excited to see them! Also, see if you have a retailer nearby that sells Wacoal bras. I love them and they have some sexy designs!

Oh you betcha I'll do some swatchin'! I'll look into Wacoal bras, thanks! I'm thinking of going to Ross or Marshalls to scour their racks, who knows what I might find there. I found some bras on Bravissimo that I REALLY want to order, but since it is a UK company I can't try them on so I'd just be taking a shot in the dark and it'll take one to two weeks to arrive. But, really, how can I NOT order this bra?! http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/sensational-sets/cleo/plunge-bras/cl22-details.aspx SO PRETTY!

Good luck with your homemade chicken pot pie!
  • mrmarler
    mrmarler Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Good luck this week ladies!
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    HOW WE DOING? GOOD I HOPE! HOW MANY OF YOU GOT SNOWED IN? IF SO HOW DID YOU SPEND OR UTILIZE YOUR SNOW DAY?
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    rock*me*hard place

Not gonna go into it, just at a job crossroads and don't know what to do.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Just want to save this. I've been sick since about Sunday but didn't know it. I thought I was having muscle aches and pains related to the squats I did and then the aquafit and then the painting the ceiling. By Tuesday it was apparent that it was the flu. I'm feeling a little better today - my throat doesn't hurt as badly. How are you feeling now April?

I'll read up on everyone today and reply back when I get in this evening.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Im starting to feel like giving up, its soooo frustrating. I just don't seem to be losing anymore, or I lose a few lb and put the same few lb back on :(

Gone all hardcore this week, but its TOM and now I have the worst cold and so do the kids, doubt the scale will move again.

I have been having some non scale victories, but I need to see the scaes move arghhh

Sorry for my little rant lol.
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Just want to save this. I've been sick since about Sunday but didn't know it. I thought I was having muscle aches and pains related to the squats I did and then the aquafit and then the painting the ceiling. By Tuesday it was apparent that it was the flu. I'm feeling a little better today - my throat doesn't hurt as badly. How are you feeling now April?

I'll read up on everyone today and reply back when I get in this evening.

Im sitll not feeling 100% but i am better then i was. thank god.. hopefully a couple more days then ill be back to myself.
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Im starting to feel like giving up, its soooo frustrating. I just don't seem to be losing anymore, or I lose a few lb and put the same few lb back on :(

Gone all hardcore this week, but its TOM and now I have the worst cold and so do the kids, doubt the scale will move again.

I have been having some non scale victories, but I need to see the scaes move arghhh

Sorry for my little rant lol.

Just remember because there isnt a number on the scale doesnt mean you arent losing. i kept going back up on the scale but i saw changed in my body. i havent been measuring but im going to as soon as i get a measure tape. i know ive lost inches in lots of places. and remember sometimes you body builds muscles. dont give up hun..
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Don't forget the spreadsheet - http://bit.ly/h2DHFP

I've updated the formula so it reflects the weight loss up to week 4. :)
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Pink: How exciting to get new bras! It will be so nice to have more color and style choices some day. Don't see why all of us big chested women are stuck with black, white, and beige. Kind of like how all of the clothes at "normal" stores that are plus sized are shapeless...like we should be ashamed of our curves or something. Grrrr.

As for my check in this week....it has not been a banner week for me. Loss of motivation to work out, feeling down about weight loss, overrun with work, just generally not feeling myself. I think I know what it is related to, and I'm hoping by next week I'll be back in the groove. Luckily, I have been eating well so I haven't seen a gain, but no loss either. CW still at 233...but I have to give myself props. That's 20lbs since I started this journey the week before Halloween 2010. That's not something to scoff at! I think I need to find a reward for that milestone, maybe that will help get me back on track and motivated again.

Anyway, happy Friday to all. Thank God it's here! :smile:
  • mrmarler
    Options
    Weighing in today at 168.4lb! HOpe you all are having a wonderful Friday! Say some prayers that this snow goes away so I can go to the NFL Experience tomorrow! GO Steelers!
  • roboray
    roboray Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    thank you very much for the challenge this week Aprilval and Bru. Glad to hear you're feeling better AprilVal and hoping that yer back 100%. Bru - Hope your tooth pain has subsided and you're feeling better as well. Thanks for the chart pink. I really appreciate this group!!

Last week was pretty hard in the motivation department, but happy to say that this week is going much better.
    My current weight is 158.2 and I have lost the seven pounds. But ....my goal was to get healthy and I'm having a real hard time motivating myself to exercise and quit smoking (I still shudder to have to admit that, because I'm still a closet smoker and ashamed of my nasty habit). One of my faults has been to overcome my tardiness and I've done really well with that. I have started hot yoga and I'm really liking it, so I'll be continuing with that.

I'll be online this aft. looking for a new recipie.

Hope everyone has had a good beginning of the week and have a wonderful end to the week!!! :flowerforyou:
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Does anyone on here have google talk??? finally have all my darn email addresses combined together on Gmail now.. so now i have G talk.. for those who have it let me know.. :) if you want my email addy let me know.. id like some your email addys if you want to give them out.
  • mrmarler
    Options
    Does anyone on here have google talk??? finally have all my darn email addresses combined together on Gmail now.. so now i have G talk.. for those who have it let me know.. :) if you want my email addy let me know.. id like some your email addys if you want to give them out.

I am mrmarler Clearly i am really creative! lol