Peroneal tendonitis safe workout ideas?

Options
I am having a problem with Peroneal tendonitis. The first time, was last May. I did everything the Dr. said, and after a month or so, slowly began cardio workouts again. In Sept., I began having trouble with it again. Not quite as painful as the first time, but aggravating. I slowed down on the workouts, but to no avail. I then pretty much decided to cut out all cardio workouts (much to my dismay) for a while. It hasn't helped much. I have been taking an anti-inflamatory medication and started using an ankle brace for support.
Over the last couple of weeks, I have been using the stationary bike, and so far that has been okay for my foot, but I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas for non weight bearing cardio exercises. Thanks so much!

Replies

• MomsDaily140
    Options
    I am having a problem with Peroneal tendonitis. The first time, was last May. I did everything the Dr. said, and after a month or so, slowly began cardio workouts again. In Sept., I began having trouble with it again. Not quite as painful as the first time, but aggravating. I slowed down on the workouts, but to no avail. I then pretty much decided to cut out all cardio workouts (much to my dismay) for a while. It hasn't helped much. I have been taking an anti-inflamatory medication and started using an ankle brace for support.
    Over the last couple of weeks, I have been using the stationary bike, and so far that has been okay for my foot, but I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas for non weight bearing cardio exercises. Thanks so much!

Elliptical and/or Cybex machines are awesome, they give you the same cardio workout as running, (more so if you do interval training) however they are much easier on the joints and feet. I had a motorcycle accident (massive crush injury) last year and I can no longer run, but both of these machines, are awesome, and they do not kill my feet, joints.

NOTE - I would still check w/your Doctor

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • lar1599
    Options

Elliptical and/or Cybex machines are awesome, they give you the same cardio workout as running, (more so if you do interval training) however they are much easier on the joints and feet. I had a motorcycle accident (massive crush injury) last year and I can no longer run, but both of these machines, are awesome, and they do not kill my feet, joints.

NOTE - I would still check w/your Doctor

Good Luck :flowerforyou:

I used to do the Elliptical 4 days per week, but that seemed to be what aggravated my Tendonitis.
    Thanks though!:smile:
  • callipygianchronicle
    Options
    Can you swim? Have access to a pool? No impact, non-weight bearing , full body workout. Pilates reformer or mat work would be an option.
  • lar1599
    Options
    I may be able to try the swimming soon, just not quite warm enough yet! I do some weights and a ball/ ab workout a few times per week, but I still feel like I am missing the cardio. I have found that it is a great stress reliever for me, and I need it to stay sane!!