5 ft. women -- what is your weight goal?

Options

Replies

• smalltowngirl504
    Options
    125 right now, Id like to be close to 118, but this goal right now for me seems more reasonable and I am 5'0 :) only 24 more lbs to go!!!!
  • savannahgro
    savannahgro Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm around 5'3 and about a year ago I was 155 ish. I started eating better lunches at work and lost about 9 lbs in a years time. Now I've been using myfitnesspal (for a week) and I'm looking to reach 135 as a starting goal.. I figure something that seems very reasonable and in the healthy range would keep me motivated, and then I'd go from there. I'd really like to get around 125, but with time. Good Luck, shorties! =)

4451376.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • wonrob
    wonrob Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", currently at 124, looking to go down to 115.
    I feel like I've been hovering around 120-125 for a long time, it's so hard for me to get past it.
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I am 5' even. I hit my heaviest at 206. At first I was striving for 150. When I hit 170, I dropped my goal down to 145 then 140. Now I'm going for 135. When I got pregnant with my first child I weighed 117. I'm not sure I want to be that small again. I want to keep some of my curves. lol Once I hit 135 I may change my mind...who knows.
  • rgpatr
    Options
    I am 5' and my initial goal is 150. It sounds like a lot of weight for the height, but bear in mind these factors: I am in my late 50s, have borne 3 children, with a stocky body type influenced by nationality. At 150, I can wear a single-digit size, but I want to set a future goal of 135-140. One success at a time... one pound at a time.
  • Rachel_Leigh84
    Options
    Im just under 5ft 2 and currently weigh 139 and my goal is 119 by this time next year. 20 to go!
  • AnnaleisJ
    AnnaleisJ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my GW is 115lbs :o)
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5' and currently about 158. I'd like to get to 123 :)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on each individual person and their frame size. Some people's goal is bigger than my start weight...
    At 130 I felt disgusting. I am 5'2" but have a teeny tiny frame and am 103.6 right now. I am "at goal" if you will, because I intend to stay between 101 and 105 for the rest of my life.
  • 2bfitforever
    2bfitforever Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft and currently weigh 143. My goal is 110. In my 20s I was 100-108 and thought I was fat. In my 30s, I got down to 115 after 2 kids and thought I looked great until i saw pictures. My hips and thighs were still larger than I liked. So now in my 40s I would like to try 110 and see how I feel. I think it depends on how you want to look -- thin and lithe vs. muscular. You will need a lower weight to look thin and lithe. You probably can maintain a heavier weight (and eat more) if you lift weights to be muscular. At least that is what I am hoping for!
  • 2bfitforever
    2bfitforever Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You need to consider your age also. When I was in high school I was 93 lbs. Now at 43 93 lbs would be way too low.
  • StephanieBFree
    StephanieBFree Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 2 and currently 137 lbs. My goal is to get down to 120 lbs. I know this weight works for me. I build muscle very easily and when I am toned then 120 looks best on me. Any smaller and I would not have any muscle tone. My best friend is 5ft2 also and looks best at about 110 lbs but she is not as athletic as I am. We are all different and the bottom line is we have to feel good about ourselves and our own bodies.
  • MandeeSue
    Options
    Im 4'11 1/2 so I like to say 5...lol My ideal goal weight would be 125-130 although I know it is suppose to be 110-115. If I met my first goal I will probably try for the rest..Just right now it seems so far away :(
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal is 150. I'll reevaluate there, but I don't think I'll go any lower. I realize that is still considered overweight but that was where I felt most comfortable before.
  • NicoleL83
    NicoleL83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone
    I am 5'2 and a little bit. Right now I was 165 and my goal is to get down to around 125. I want to be be fairly toned, so once I get down to 140 I will probably re-evalute.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and my goal is 120 -125...but it's so HARD! LOL
  • tokes
    tokes Posts: 22
    Options
    Im 5'1' would luv to get to 116 but am going to aim for 120 to start with and see how easy that is to maintain first - every pound shows at this height!
  • mrslondon
    mrslondon Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Im right at 5ft tall, im currently at 176lbs but id like to get down to 125lbs-130lbs
  • whairfield
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am at 130 and am trying to get down to 115, which is my ideal weight. I just started this last week so I'm hoping that I'm going to be able to make those changes in my life!
  • 80lbslost
    80lbslost Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'3 and my goal weight was 120lbs but now my weight fluctuates between 115 and 120lbs. I wear between a size 0 and size 2 and I find it difficult to find clothing that fits right.