Sucks

Options
Isnt it one of life's travesties that a decent Sauvignon Blanc carries so many damn calories?

Replies

• frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Try a nice Merlot or Cabernet. :) I do believe they tend to have less calories than the white wines.
  • Bigwig236
    Bigwig236 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yeah, But the headache? Dont get on with red wine. Now. if only they made a low calorie white, that didnt taste like mouthwash....
  • frostiegurl
    Options
    Ahh, gotcha. I'm more of a red wine person but I understand that sometimes red doesn't agree with people. It's sad that truly good wine is not a low-calorie option. :(
  • Bigwig236
    Options
    If ever the was a gap in the market.......
  • frostiegurl
    Options
    Heheh, go for it!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I can sympathize, although white wine gives me a raging headache. I have definitely cut out red wine from my diet, although I still crave that one relaxing glass of wine after a stressful day. Sometimes the best things in life are the worst things for you lol...I just wish they'd make my favorite red in those tiny little bottles, all I want is one glass, I hate re-corking a bottle.
  • Bigwig236
    Options
    Re-corking a bottle? How does that work then? Sounds way to scientific.
  • lilRicki
    Options
    haha so you're against re-corking a bottle too? I thought it was just me, I didn't actually have scientific proof why you should never re-cork a bottle, I was just strongly against it.
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I've got one of those vacuum thingies that pumps the air out of the bottle and puts a top on it so it'll last in the fridge!

although...ahem....I rarely open a bottle I don't intend to finish!

could be why I switched to boxes....rofl!
  • lilRicki
    Options
    haha I love boxed wine...it's so damn handy!
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Ah but the biggest tragedy is that men are 'allowed' to drink more than a woman according to doctors!
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    LOL!! So true but you know some times you just gotta!!
  • lilRicki
    Options
    seriously after the week I've had, I just want one glass...i'll think of it as an anti-oxident if I have to...instead of a super yummy cab-sauv
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    It's not the drinking of the wine that is the issue for me. It's the magnetic effect of the fridge that happens afterwards that causes the problems
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    It's not the drinking of the wine that is the issue for me. It's the magnetic effect of the fridge that happens afterwards that causes the problems

Haha, I know, right? I have one drink and suddenly my mouth needs *something* and everything looks pretty good!
  • Tomlette
    Options
    Pfft, white wine, red wine....I could really care less for either.

Mead, though. I will sell my body to science for a bottle of mead.

Come to me, my honey-distilled darling!!!!
  • lilRicki
    Options
    Pfft, white wine, red wine....I could really care less for either.

Mead, though. I will sell my body to science for a bottle of mead.

Come to me, my honey-distilled darling!!!!

I don't know what that is? could it become another obsession? can I get it in Alberta?
  • Bigwig236
    Options
    Well isnt that something. Every respondent here is female as far as I can see. You girls love your wine. And as an admirer of the female mind and intellect, ( body too, but lets not go there) I sense kindered spirits. Tommi, mead? Good lord. I think the secret with a good bottle of wine is never to cork it. Sacriledge. Even Californian wine doesnt deserve that. ( Sorry my US friends, but its way behind Nw Zealand). Now, how the hell do we get the calories down?????
  • lilRicki
    Options
    We come together and make our own...I'll be the taste tester
  • Bigwig236
    Options
    OK. I'll get the demijohns, Ricki, can you supply the grapes??