MFP Runner's Club 9/4

2»

Replies

• Late Night Post!! Whose here with me!?!?!?

I got in my 7K this am early am before the kids were awake. Must tell everyone - I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON!! so this was hard for me - but it felt good to get it overwith. I am off tomorrow so i think I am going to go to Boot Camp in the morning and then do 3 miles. I have a 10mile long run this weekend.

ALIMASSA - Good Luck on your 1/2 this weekend?!?! Is it a big race? Why 4 weeks off?

Kechie - what's up with your lack of enthusiasm? that is just not like you girl! come on - keep your chin up!! You are such a consistent runner!

so I noticed that my nike + is significantly different than my treadmill. I think I am going to have to break down and go to the track and calibrate it. Sigh....

Nice work on the run this morning! I love morning runs...

There are about 800 people signed up for the race last time I checked. Sioux Falls, SD 1/2 Marathon..I think it benefits Childrens Miracle Network. 4 weeks off because I am having surgery (check my other thread!!)

Finally (I am writing a lot cause all the other crazy runners are sleeping! lol) I have not calibrated my Nike+ either...it was actually pretty close to my treadmill. My biggest fear at this point is I think I have been running 12 miles and only going 8 or something and will have a heart attack at the 1/2 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ali

Sorry, I have not been keeping up on with all the threads!! Which is why I am just posting at 10pm!! Surgery - YUCK!! Hubby's done recovering and now it is your turn!!?!

I know what you mean about the distance - which is why I really need to calibrate - hate to think i am logging 7K and it was actually like 3 miles! Nightmare! My treadmill is very old so I am not confident that is accurate anymore. :grumble:

Hubby is all healed....back is PAIN FREE!!. and I never thought I would say that. He is having a very hard time getting off the pain meds though. Hopefully just a few more weeks....

And I am having "elective" surgery. I am getting the "girls" put back to where the good lord intended and the three kids took away :laugh: Excited, but freaked, and it will suck that I can not do ANYTHING but walk for 4 weeks....
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Late Night Post!! Whose here with me!?!?!?

I got in my 7K this am early am before the kids were awake. Must tell everyone - I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON!! so this was hard for me - but it felt good to get it overwith. I am off tomorrow so i think I am going to go to Boot Camp in the morning and then do 3 miles. I have a 10mile long run this weekend.

ALIMASSA - Good Luck on your 1/2 this weekend?!?! Is it a big race? Why 4 weeks off?

Kechie - what's up with your lack of enthusiasm? that is just not like you girl! come on - keep your chin up!! You are such a consistent runner!

so I noticed that my nike + is significantly different than my treadmill. I think I am going to have to break down and go to the track and calibrate it. Sigh....

There are about 800 people signed up for the race last time I checked. Sioux Falls, SD 1/2 Marathon..I think it benefits Childrens Miracle Network. 4 weeks off because I am having surgery (check my other thread!!)

Finally (I am writing a lot cause all the other crazy runners are sleeping! lol) I have not calibrated my Nike+ either...it was actually pretty close to my treadmill. My biggest fear at this point is I think I have been running 12 miles and only going 8 or something and will have a heart attack at the 1/2 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ali

Sorry, I have not been keeping up on with all the threads!! Which is why I am just posting at 10pm!! Surgery - YUCK!! Hubby's done recovering and now it is your turn!!?!

I know what you mean about the distance - which is why I really need to calibrate - hate to think i am logging 7K and it was actually like 3 miles! Nightmare! My treadmill is very old so I am not confident that is accurate anymore. :grumble:

Hubby is all healed....back is PAIN FREE!!. and I never thought I would say that. He is having a very hard time getting off the pain meds though. Hopefully just a few more weeks....

And I am having "elective" surgery. I am getting the "girls" put back to where the good lord intended and the three kids took away :laugh: Excited, but freaked, and it will suck that I can not do ANYTHING but walk for 4 weeks....

I found your thread and I am THRILLED for you!!! I wish you a very speedy recovery and cannot wait to see the before and after pics!!!! don't disappoint us!!! :laugh:
  • Late Night Post!! Whose here with me!?!?!?

Ali

I found your thread and I am THRILLED for you!!! I wish you a very speedy recovery and cannot wait to see the before and after pics!!!! don't disappoint us!!! :laugh:

Will do!! They wont be as revealing as the doctor pics though :blushing:
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    I hate being the last to post? Does anyone read this late or should I post in the AM? I had a great day - power walked for over an hour this morning and then did a Pilates class. For once I had alot of free calories! What Fun! :smile:
    Bunny
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    What is the difference in "run" and "jog", in your opinion folks????

I ran today.... my interval training. Shins are starting to hurt. :grumble:

Difference -- attitude!! :laugh: I am a runner not a jogger... before I got into it I was a jogger.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    I hate being the last to post? Does anyone read this late or should I post in the AM? I had a great day - power walked for over an hour this morning and then did a Pilates class. For once I had alot of free calories! What Fun! :smile:
    Bunny

Usually it's me -- so no worries!!