Hurt and Can't Run

Hey. I'm new here, and my primary exersize has always been running, but now i have somehow seemed to have skrewed up my knee and am in no condition to run. What should I do if I want to still loose weight.

Replies

• Hey. I'm new here, and my primary exersize has always been running, but now i have somehow seemed to have skrewed up my knee and am in no condition to run. What should I do if I want to still loose weight.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    water sports, low weight, high rep free weights work. What can you do with the knee? Can you still ride a bike? Can you still use an eliptical?
  • Yeah I tried riding my bike and it was fine. It was just a matter of locking the knee. I just keeps locking in weird ways. Riding my bike was fine but I dont feel I get the same type of work out from it. Thanks for all the help so far guys. I'm a newbie and was not aware of the quick response!!!:smile:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    If you can bik, but don't feel you are getting enough intensity in your workout, why not try spinning? You can vary the intensity according to how you feel, and you can work as hard as you want
  • Running in the deep end of a pool, with a "float belt" if you need it, will duplicate your running and take the strain off your knee. It's often used to rehab runners.

Good luck!
    h.