sick but want to work out

So i have been sick for about a week now but i really want to work out. I tried doing the turbo jam 20 min workout but found myself not being able to breathe.....are there any light workouts that i would be able to do until i get better???

I went to the doctors and they told me to take some advil...yea obvi its not working.

87923.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal

Replies

• So i have been sick for about a week now but i really want to work out. I tried doing the turbo jam 20 min workout but found myself not being able to breathe.....are there any light workouts that i would be able to do until i get better???

I went to the doctors and they told me to take some advil...yea obvi its not working.

87923.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
  • walking always helps me, the fresh air always did some kind of good. just make sure it's not really hot or might make you really sick. a slow long walk should do it. good luck and feel better :flowerforyou:
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    I'm just getting over a bug and didn't get to work out for 5 days while I was ill and am still just doing light workouts at home and haven't made it to the gym again yet. Tomorrow marks 1 week since I got sick. I usually give it at least a few days after i'm feeling 100% before I try to workout again. Your body needs to put all it's efforts in to fighting whatever it is that you have, not burning extra calories working out. Also keep in mind that if you have a fever you should NOT work out at all. The bottom line really is that when you're sick your body needs all the energy it can get to fight off whatever it is you have, so remember to keep eating to give your body fuel to fight that bug and take it easy until you're better!