200 calorie (or less) Dessert Challenge!

Options

Replies

• AmeMahoney
    Options
    I pretty much only do Raw Food desserts (though I eat cooked food regularly and meat several times a week). There is no sugar, milk, flour, or other weird stuff in raw food. Usually these desserts consist of nuts and fruits which have been blended as well as dates. Some add other ingredients such as agave nectar (a natural sweetener) or Irish Moss (actually a seaweed that you blend in to make it fluffy - you can't even taste it, and seaweeds are SO good for you!). I'd encourage everyone looking for healthy sweets to check out some raw food sites or books. All of my friends ask me for them - even those who "love" cupcakes, cookies, and pies. Many say my version is better.

My favorite is banana coconut creme pie.
    Here's a good recipe, though I omit the cocoa powder. I don't like the taste of it, and several people have said the pie is fantastic without trying to make it chocolatey. I'd have to agree - I sometimes eat a slice for breakfast!

http://www.rawfoodtalk.com/showthread.php?t=45569
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have been making no pudge brownies! There is a single serving recipe on the box, and I use fat free plain greek yogurt. according to the pkg, it's 110 calories- and, I usually put a little peanut butter on top while it is still warm.. delicious :)
  • mvedas
    mvedas Posts: 69
    Options
    Brownie Muffins!!

1 box devil's food cake mix
    1 can solid pack pumpkin (15 oz.)

Directions:
    Mix the two ingredients together. Don't add anything else that may be mentioned on the box, such as eggs, oil, or water. The mixture will be very thick and you will be tempted to add in other things to make the batter smoother. DO NOT DO THIS AS IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING! Place batter into muffin tins (or mini muffin tins) lined with paper, or sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 12 regular or 36 mini muffins.

1 Muffin, or 3 minis - 181 calories, 3.5g fat, 37g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g protein
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Fake "cheesecake": 1/4 Cup (about 45 calories), or 1/2 Cup (about 90 calories) Fat-Free Ricotta cheese, place in a small bowl. Top with one or two tablespoons of sugar-free preserves (sugar-free raspberry preserves are 10 calories per tablespoon; others may be higher or lower). Enjoy! Sometimes I'll add one package of splenda to the ricotta, just to sweeten it up a bit, but it's not necessary. I love it with low-sugar orange marmalade. Tastes sort of like a cheesecake with a fruit topping and is well under 200 calories!
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Wow. I thought my no pudge brownies were good at 110 calories. I am definitely making these. Might even go out and buy the ingredients so I can make them tonight! Thanks!
    [/quote]

They are so good. Pretty dense but fixes my need for chocolate. I also use Splenda packets and 12 equal 1/2 cup.
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Individual Raspberry-Lemon Souffles (from Bon Appetit)
    (note: This is tart, not overly sweet)

Nonstick vegetable oil spray
    1 12-ounce package frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
    7 tablespoons sugar
    3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
    1 tablespoon cornstarch
    1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    4 large egg whites
    Pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray six 3/4-cup soufflé dishes or custard cups with oil spray. Place dishes on baking sheet. Puree raspberries with juices in processor. Strain puree into heavy medium saucepan, pressing to extract as much liquid as possible. Add 4 tablespoons sugar, jam and cornstarch to saucepan. Whisk over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, about 2 minutes. Add lemon peel and vanilla. Transfer to large bowl. Cool, whisking occasionally.
    Using electric mixer, beat egg whites and salt in another large bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add 3 tablespoons sugar; beat until stiff but not dry. Fold 1/3 of whites into raspberry mixture; fold in remaining whites. Divide mixture among prepared dishes. Bake soufflés until puffed and golden, about 16 minutes.

Total: Cal 705 Carb156 Fat0 Fiber20 Sodium234
    Per Serving: Cal118 Carb26 Fat0 Fiber3 Sodium39
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Brownie Muffins!!

1 box devil's food cake mix
    1 can solid pack pumpkin (15 oz.)

Directions:
    Mix the two ingredients together. Don't add anything else that may be mentioned on the box, such as eggs, oil, or water. The mixture will be very thick and you will be tempted to add in other things to make the batter smoother. DO NOT DO THIS AS IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING! Place batter into muffin tins (or mini muffin tins) lined with paper, or sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 12 regular or 36 mini muffins.

1 Muffin, or 3 minis - 181 calories, 3.5g fat, 37g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g protein

This is also good with a spice cake mix!
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    My fav recipe is Creamsicle De-Lite Dessert (http://imnochef.blogspot.com) I have others on my blog. I love fried apples too. mmmmmmmm

Creamsicle De-Lite Dessert

Jello - Cheesecake Sugar Free Fat Free Instant Pudding Mix , 2 pkg
    Great Value - Sugar Free Jello - Orange, 2 container (2 cups ea.)
    Kraft - Cool Whip Fat Free, 2 container (50 table spoons ea.)

Mix the jello according to the package instructions.
    Then pour in the pudding mix into the jello mixture. (do not mix as package instructions)
    Next fold in cool whip.
    Chill until set.

Makes 9 - 1 cup servings.

Totals per serving:
    Calories 114, Fat 0g, Fiber 0g, Protein 2g, Carbs 22, Calcium 0%
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    This one goes slightly over 200 cals... leave off a copule walnuts!!! :-))

Baked Apple
    Place 1 cored apple in a baking dish. Fill hole with 2 tbsp chopped walnuts; drizzle apple with 2 tsp raw honey. Add water to bottom of dish. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
    212 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated), 33 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein

I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds yummy!!

My dessert is usually one square of a good dark chocolate candy bar and runs about 60 calories.
  • mvedas
    mvedas Posts: 69
    Options

This is also good with a spice cake mix!

Great idea, I'll try it soon! Love to bake:happy:
  • lisapisa1
    Options
    I haven't personally made this yet, but my friend just sent me the recipe yesterday since she knew I was counting calories.

Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies

INGREDIENTS:
    2 Tbsp stick butter or stick margarine, softened
    1/4 cup sugar
    2 Tbsp Light brown sugar
    1 egg white
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1/4 tsp baking soda
    1/8 tsp salt
    2 Tbsp cocoa powder
    ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips

PREPARATION:
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
    1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars together with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg white and vanilla and mix until well blended.
    2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder.
    3. Gradually add flour mixture to egg and sugar. Use a wooden spoon to work the dough together. Don't worry if the dough seems a little crumbly at first. Stir in chocolate chips.
    4. Drop cookie dough by the teaspoonful on to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat if you have one.
    5. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.

Makes 15 cookies
    Per Serving: Calories 65, Calories from Fat 21, Total Fat 2.3g (sat 1.8g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 44mg, Carbohydrate 10.3g, Fiber 0.5g, Protein 0.7g
  • boopsiegrl
    boopsiegrl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    keep
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Eaasy Lemon Squares

I posted this before thought I'd share again..Whip up this easy lemon square recipe in a matter of minutes for a light dessert that's deliciously sweet and tangy.

Yield: 16 servings

Ingredients
    Crust:
    1/4 cup granulated sugar
    3 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, softened
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    Topping:
    3 large eggs
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
    1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    2 teaspoons powdered sugar
    Preparation
    Preheat oven to 350°.

To prepare the crust, beat 1/4 cup granulated sugar and the butter at medium speed of a mixer until creamy. Lightly spoon 1 cup flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Gradually add 1 cup flour to sugar mixture, beating at low speed until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Gently press mixture into bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes; cool on a wire rack.

To prepare topping, beat eggs at medium speed until foamy. Add 3/4 cup granulated sugar and next 5 ingredients (3/4 cup granulated sugar through salt), and beat until well-blended. Pour mixture over partially baked crust. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until set. Cool on wire rack. Sift powdered sugar evenly over top.

Nutritional Information

Calories:
    118 (24% from fat)
    Fat:
    3.2g (sat 1.7g,mono 1g,poly 0.3g)
    Protein:
    2.2g
    Carbohydrate:
    20.5g
    Fiber:
    0.3g
    Cholesterol:
    47mg
    Iron:
    0.6mg
    Sodium:
    68mg
    Calcium:
    16mg
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    Piña Colada Cheesecake Bars

This uses a small amount of coconut flour, which is slightly sweet, high in fiber (3 grams per tablespoon), and gluten-free. Look for it in health-food stores or order online from Bob's Red Mill (www.bobsredmill.com). You also can substitute an equal amount of all-purpose flour. Standard lemons work well in this recipe, but Meyer lemons, which have sweeter flavor, are a good substitute if you see them in the store (or have a tree in your greenhouse).

Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 bar)

Ingredients
    Crust:
    1 cup graham cracker crumbs
    2 tablespoons coconut flour or all-purpose flour
    2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
    1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
    2 tablespoons butter, melted
    1 tablespoon canola oil
    1 tablespoon water
    Cooking spray
    Filling:
    1 cup 2% low-fat cottage cheese
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/4 cup (2 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese, softened
    1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    1 tablespoon pineapple juice
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    Dash of salt
    3/4 cup egg substitute
    Remaining ingredients:
    1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
    1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
    Preparation
    Preheat oven to 350°.

To prepare crust, combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Add butter, oil, and 1 tablespoon water; toss well. Press mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.

To prepare filling, combine cottage cheese and the next 7 ingredients (through salt) in a food processor, and process until smooth. Add egg substitute, and process until blended. Spread cheese mixture over cooled crust. Bake at 350° for 33 minutes or until set. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until thoroughly chilled. Top with pineapple and coconut. Cut into 16 bars.

Nutritional Information

Calories:
    117 (35% from fat)
    Fat:
    4.6g (sat 2.2g,mono 1.2g,poly 0.7g)
    Protein:
    4.1g
    Carbohydrate:
    15.4g
    Fiber:
    0.9g
    Cholesterol:
    6mg
    Iron:
    0.5mg
    Sodium:
    142mg
    Calcium:
    27mg
  • bhonniered
    Options
    bump - these all sound amazing!
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    Cream Cheese Meltaways with Lemon Glaze

When shaping these buttery cookies, do not try to form perfectly smooth balls. If the dough is handled too much, the cookies will become heavy and dense.

Yield: 36 cookies (serving size: 1 cookie)

Ingredients
    Cookies:
    1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 5 1/2 ounces)
    1/2 cup cornstarch
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1 cup powdered sugar
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    1/4 cup (2 ounces) block-style 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    Glaze:
    1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
    1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
    Preparation
    Preheat oven to 375°.

To prepare cookies, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, cornstarch, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk.

Combine 1 cup powdered sugar, butter, cheese, and vanilla in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 4 minutes). Add flour mixture; stir until just combined (dough will be dry and crumbly). Shape dough into 36 (1-inch) balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until bottoms of cookies are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes on pans on wire racks. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.

To prepare glaze, combine 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar and lemon juice, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Dip tops of cookies in glaze; place on wire racks. Let cookies stand for 30 minutes or until glaze is set.

Nutritional Information

Calories:
    85 (32% from fat)
    Fat:
    3g (sat 1.5g,mono 1.2g,poly 0.1g)
    Protein:
    0.6g
    Carbohydrate:
    14.3g
    Fiber:
    0.1g
    Cholesterol:
    8mg
    Iron:
    0.2mg
    Sodium:
    33mg
    Calcium:
    3mg
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Just worked up this AWESOME recipe today!

143 calories per cookie (decent sized)
    Steel cut oats, whole wheat flour, reduced butter/sugar and YUMMY!!

http://momvsfood.blogspot.com/2011/02/better-for-you-steel-cut-oatmeal.html
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Fat free plain yogurt + caramel topping.....as a dip for cut apples or bananas, or grapes...

Newcastle ale...one bottle.... (way less than 200!)
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    Natillas

This is a little more then 200 calories but still a good dessert..
    This dessert (pronounced nah-TEE-yahz) may be made a day ahead, but prepare the meringue just before serving.

Yield: 8 servings

Ingredients
    2 3/4 cups fat-free milk, divided
    4 large egg yolks
    1 cup granulated sugar, divided
    1/4 cup cornstarch
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup whipping cream
    1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
    2 teaspoons butter
    4 large pasteurized egg whites
    1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
    Freshly grated nutmeg
    Preparation
    Combine 1 cup milk and egg yolks in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk; set aside.

Combine 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; gradually add remaining 1 3/4 cups milk, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in whipping cream. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean; add seeds and bean to milk mixture. Bring mixture to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a whisk. Remove from heat.

Gradually add half of hot milk mixture to egg yolk mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Return milk mixture to pan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add butter to milk mixture; stir until combined. Place pan in a large ice-filled bowl for 25 minutes or until custard cools, stirring occasionally. Discard vanilla bean. Spoon custard into a bowl. Cover surface of custard with plastic wrap; chill.

Place egg whites in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer at medium speed until foamy. Add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating at high speed until stiff peaks form. Beat in vanilla. Gently fold 1/2 cup of beaten egg whites into custard.

Spoon 1/2 cup custard into each of 8 bowls or footed glasses; top each serving with 1/4 cup remaining egg white mixture. Garnish with nutmeg.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:
    212 (27% from fat)
    Fat:
    6.3g (sat 3.1g,mono 2g,poly 0.5g)
    Protein:
    6.2g
    Carbohydrate:
    33.3g
    Fiber:
    0.0g
    Cholesterol:
    120mg
    Iron:
    0.5mg
    Sodium:
    117mg
    Calcium:
    124mg
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Not only have I made these to satisfy MY sweet tooth, but I've made them for others for speical occasions. They have all been a big hit!

~brownie muffins - 1 box devils food cake & 1 15oz can pumpkin
    ~diet coke cake - 1 box devils food cake & 1 can diet coke (or coke zero or whatever you have) Used fat-free cool whip as frosting
    ~angel food/pineapple cake - 1 box angel food cake & 1 can crushed pineapple and fat-free cool whip for frosting = my fav! :heart: