I've had 329 calories today and NOT HUNGRY!

Options
Seriously, I have no appetite. I had a slimfast shake for breakfast and a spinach salad for lunch. I have no appetite whatsoever and I have 1403 calories left. Should I just force myself to eat or what? I don't know what I should do! I don't want to go into "starvation mode" but I'm not hungry! HELP!

Replies

• garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    The problem with relying only on your appetite is that the less you eat (under recommended amounts) the less you will want to eat. To keep your appetite and metabolism regular you must feed it regularly. The other problem with not eating regularly is that then when you do go to eat you often binge b/c your body wants food.
    I would suggest you eat a calorie dense snack like nuts and then have a healthy supper later and another calorie dense snack later tonight.
  • flinchyny
    flinchyny Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Unless you think maybe you're coming down w/ a stomach bug, I'd say have a little bit to eat and see how you feel afterward.
  • stephilderton
    stephilderton Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I agree! I have lots of days like that-- typically when I'm busy at work and distracted. I think I'm fine... and then I catch a whiff of something yummy... That's when I order a large pizza and go to town. If for no other reason than prevention... Eat a big salad with lots of protein, like nuts or maybe some chicken!
  • sarahtroupe
    Options
    I would suggest that u atleast try and eat something for dinner:smile: We all have days when we are extra hungry and other days were not... So I would'nt worry:)
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I agree with trying to eat a little more. You dont have to eat all your calories....I average around 1200 a day not eating my exercise calories because my body is just not hungry. Why force yourself to eat more than you need to.
  • cholosocer
    Options
    constantly eat to keep you metabolism running!
  • critter347
    critter347 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Eat!!! Grab a fruit, or something. Don't just starve yourself hah. under 400 is just not good enough to keep your body running healthy.