200 calorie (or less) Dessert Challenge!

Options

Replies

• DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Hello Dolly Bars

These bar cookies are also known as seven-layer bars. They take less than 30 minutes to make and call for just 8 ingredients, making Hello Dolly Bars the perfect dessert for taking along, well, just about anywhere!

Yield: 24 servings (serving size: 1 bar)

Ingredients
    1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 9 cookie sheets)
    2 tablespoons butter, melted
    1 tablespoon water
    1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
    1/3 cup butterscotch morsels
    2/3 cup flaked sweetened coconut
    1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
    1 (15-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
    Preparation
    Preheat oven to 350°.

Line the bottom and sides of a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper; cut off excess parchment paper around top edge of pan.

Place crumbs in a medium bowl. Drizzle with butter and 1 tablespoon water; toss with a fork until moist. Gently pat mixture into an even layer in pan (do not press firmly). Sprinkle chips and morsels over crumb mixture. Top evenly with coconut and pecans. Drizzle milk evenly over top. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly around edges. Cool completely on wire rack.

Kitchen Notes
    They can create a sticky mess in the pan, so it's crucial to line it with parchment paper. Because the milk needs to seep into the graham cracker crumbs, don't pack the crumbs too tightly in the bottom of the pan.

Nutritional Information

Calories:
    123 (32% from fat)
    Fat:
    4.4g (sat 2.3g,mono 1.3g,poly 0.6g)
    Protein:
    2.1g
    Carbohydrate:
    19.1g
    Fiber:
    0.5g
    Cholesterol:
    5mg
    Iron:
    0.3mg
    Sodium:
    64mg
    Calcium:
    50mg
  • Arizonagirl
    Options
    When I was in Switzerland our guide made this simple/delicious/ooey-gooey treat!!!

Take one whole banana in its peel. DO NOT PEEL.
    Cut along the spine of the banana going 1/2 way deep into banana.
    Add 3-4 squares of chocolate
    Place over a grill until you have an ooey-gooey chocolate filled banana!
    Voila! This is my new replacement for smores!
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    http://greenlitebites.com/2009/06/07/quick-light-pumpkin-spice-cupcakes-with-cheesecake-frosting/

I made these the other night and brought them to work. They were a major hit! Enjoy.
  • mezmez73
    Options
    YUMMY!
  • FutureFormerFatGurl
    Options
    yummmyyyy!!
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!:flowerforyou:
  • rosita76
    Options
    bump
  • garysgirl719
    garysgirl719 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Mini graham cracker pie crust, fat free yogurt (any flavor, I love rasberries) Fat free cool whip mix them too together add into crust and freeze till firm!

Love this. Key lime pie yogurt is fabulous this way!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Mini graham cracker pie crust, fat free yogurt (any flavor, I love rasberries) Fat free cool whip mix them too together add into crust and freeze till firm!

This sounds like a great treat for the summer! How much cool whip do you mix in with the yogurt? I love that I can customize the flavors!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Ina garten from the food network always adds a little coffee to her chocolate brownie recipe. (If you have ever had her brownie recipe your would die, they are slap your mamma good). I tried it and you can't taste the coffee it just makes the chocolate taste more chocolately. Sometime chocolate desserts can taste flat. I'm going to add 1 tsp of coffee granules to to a tbls of hot water and add to the brownie recipe. If it's good enough for Ina, it's good enough for me and doesn't add calories.
  • JRRCLR
    JRRCLR Posts: 353
    Options
    I've discovered that Fiber One Bars warm are really good. Discovered this after letting one sit on the microwave while heating my lunch. :) Maybe a little FF ice cream to go with? :)
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    bum[
  • 0flynnstone0
    Options
    Fake Oreo Blizzard - 190 Calories

1/2 cup No Sugar Added Fat Free Vanilla Ice Cream (I use Blue Bunny but I think other brands make it too)
    8 Chocolate Animal Crackers
    1/2 cup Silk Lite Original Soy Milk
    2 Tbsp fat free Cool Whip

Crush up the animal crackers and mix it all together.
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Strawberry Crepe :] 140 cals, and filling too!

Melissa's Crepe - 50 calories
    Jell-o Sugar free chocolate pudding - 60 calories
    4 strawberries - like 15 calories
    1 serving reddi whip - 15 calories
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I like sugar free, fat free instant puddings. If made with skim milk the chocolate flavor has only 80 calories per serving. Add a dollup of Cool-Whip (Light or Regular) and you're still under 200 calories.
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Bump :flowerforyou:
  • Slthompson1982
    Options
    this is kinda cheating but I like Dark Chocolate Hershey's Kisses! 9 kisses equal a serving for 180 calories!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Not a recipe, but standard go-to is Wow Cow frozen dessert. I get at local froyo places and it's 9 calories an ounce. I get the 12 oz size and they normally fill it around 14 oz so it comes to 126cal, 0g fat, 140mg sodium, 28g carb, 0g fiber, 0g sugar, 3.5g protein. It's huge, and since I eat it really slowly, it takes me a half an hour or more to finish, so it's super filling. But if I'm feeling like making something, here are some of my favorite dessert recipes.

Bananas Foster Cupcakes

Batter:
    1 Box Betty Crocker Butter Pecan cake mix
    1 12oz can Diet Hansen’s Root Beer
    7/8 cup Mashed Banana (about 2 medium bananas or 2 ½ small bananas)
    1 tsp Banana Extract

Frosting:
    16 tbsp Betty Crocker Whipped Vanilla Frosting
    2 tsp Cinnamon
    1 ½ tsp Rum Extract

Batter:
    Preheat oven as per box instructions. Hand mix bag of cake mix with one can of soda. When almost fully incorporated, add banana and extract and mix until completely incorporated. Portion into 24 paper lined cupcake pans. Bake as per box instructions

Frosting:
    Mix all ingredients together in bowl, try to beat as little air as possible out of mixture. Place in fridge to chill while cupcakes finish cooking/cooling. (if you would like less of a rum flavor you can reduce the amount of extract)

After the cupcakes cool, spread 2 tsp of frosting on each cupcake.

Calories (per frosted cupcake): 123
    Fat: 2g
    Sodium: 146.3mg
    Carb: 27g
    Fiber: 2g
    Sugar: 16g
    Protein: 6g

Bananas Foster Roll

1 Flatout Flatbread Kids Cinnamon Wrap
    ¼ Medium Banana, sliced thinly
    ½ tsp Cinnamon
    ¼ cup Arctic Zero Vanilla frozen dessert, softened
    1 tbsp Smuckers Sugar Free Caramel Sauce

Prior to dessert prep, spread the Arctic Zero on the cinnamon wrap. Roll, wrap in foil and place back in freezer to harden.

At dessert prep time, remove frozen roll from freezer and slice into four slices, place in a bowl

Spray pan with a quick spray of a no-calorie non-stick spray (butter flavor preferred). Add cinnamon and bananas to pan and cook until bananas are cooked. Put bananas over the top of the sliced ice cream roll and pour caramel sauce over the top.

Note – this dessert, while messier to do so, is much easier to eat with your fingers than a fork or spoon. But that’s entirely your choice.

Calories: 150
    Fat: 1g
    Sodium: 201mg
    Carb: 33g
    Fiber: 6g
    Sugar: 10g
    Protein: 6g

Poor Mans Bananas Foster

½ cup Arctic Zero Vanilla Frozen Dessert
    ½ Medium Banana, sliced
    ½ tsp cinnamon
    1 tbsp Smuckers Sugar Free Caramel Sauce

Spray pan with a quick spray of a no-calorie non-stick spray (butter flavor preferred). Add cinnamon and bananas to pan and cook until bananas are cooked. Serve Arctic Zero into bowl. When bananas are cooked, put them on the Arctic Zero and add caramel sauce.

Calories: 130
    Fat: 0
    Sodum: 48mg
    Carb: 31g
    Fiber: 4g
    Sugar: 4g
    Protein: 5g

Brown Sugar Topped Pumpkin Muffins

Batter:
    1 box Betty Crocker Spice Cake Mix
    1 15oz can Libby’s Pumpkin
    ½ cup 100% All Whites Egg Whites

Topping:
    4 tbsp packed brown sugar
    4 tsp flour
    1 tsp cinnamon
    2 tbsp butter (I actually use Country Crock Margarine w/Calcium)

Preheat oven as per box instructions.

For the topping:
    Mix all of the dry ingredients together until well mixed, cut in the margarine until fully mixed. It won’t resemble a crumble when using the margarine, it was more of a soft, sugary topping.

For the muffins:
    In a large bowl whip the egg white until they are fluffier and higher in volume (doesn’t have to be a full whip, they are just helping to lighten the batter slightly). By hand, mix the pumpkin with the egg whites until almost fully mixed. Add in the spice cake mix and mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated. The batter will be thick. Portion into paper lined cupcake pans. Using a ¼ cup measure (and not scraping it down each time, just filling it level and dumping) the batter should yield 24 muffins.

Divide topping across all cupcakes. Unfortunately I didn’t measure this and just sorta estimated. I found that it was easiest to do by using two toothpicks to drop about four little globs of the topping on the top of the batter in the pan. It was probably somewhere in between ½-1 tsp for each one, but again, I can’t be certain.
    Bake as per box instructions.

Yield = 24 muffins
    Calories: 113
    Fat: 1.4g
    Sodium: 170.8mg
    Carb: 63.1g
    Fiber: 8g
    Sugar: 13.2g
    Protein: 2.1g

Peanut Butter Marshmallow Awesomeness Sundae

Ingredients:
    ½ cup Arctic Zero (I like the Cookies and Cream for this)
    1 tbsp Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Fluff
    2 tsp Better’n Peanut Butter
    1 tbsp Reddi Wip Original

Measure and serve ½ cup serving of preferred Arctic Zero flavor frozen dessert. Measure 1 tbsp of marshmallow fluff and 2 tsp of peanut butter into small bowls (I use small, glass, mise en place bowls for this). In a slightly larger bowl, put in a small amount of water (enough to set the smaller in but not have it go up over the edge) and microwave until it boils. Place the smaller bowl of marshmallow into the water and stir until softened. Drizzle over the Arctic Zero. Repeat with peanut butter. Top with a small bit of Reddi Wip.

Calories: 98
    Fat: 1g
    Sodium: 132mg
    Carb: 17g
    Fiber: 3g
    Sugar: 12g
    Protein: 5g

VitaTop Caramel Sundae

1 Deep Chocolate Vitatop
    1/2 cup Arctic Zero - any flavor
    1 tbsp Sugar Free Smuckers Caramel Syrup
    2 tbsp Reddi Wip Whipped Cream

Open VitaTop bag on one side and microwave for 20 seconds. Remove from bag and toast (I do mine on about a 3 1/2 setting, but go until you can smell the chocolate wafting out of the toaster). Place VitaTop in the bottom of a bowl. Scoop 1/2 cup of Arctic Zero on top of VitaTop. Top with 2 tbsp of caramel syrup and 2 tbsp of whipped cream.

Calories: 197
    Fat: 3g
    Sodium: 188mg
    Carb: 46g
    Fiber: 11g
    Sugar: 19g
    Protein: 8g
  • misskate1971
    misskate1971 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump!

Now I need to make some of these! Woo!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    some great ideas here!
    mine is a quick storebought one: fudgsicles with no sugar added. They're 40 calories feach, 10g carbs, 2g fiber.