Easily lost 58 pounds in 17 weeks!!!

Options
I have tried many different diets before, but this is the only one that has given me life-changing results without much sweat.

Calorie count and portion control is key to this diet. Stick to the suggested calorie and you will surely lose all those extra pounds. As you lose more weight, your calorie allocation decreases. But that is doable since your stomach has adjusted by the time your calorie count decreases. I realized that even before you start dieting, you must mentally prepare yourself and put your heart into this because it entails a lot of self-discipline.

Exercise. Ahh, that's tricky! I really don't enjoy going to the gym so I just do whatever I can. I force myself to be at the gym 3-4 times a week. I started on the stationary bike for 20 minutes, gradually increased until I could do 35 minutes. When I lost about 35 pounds, I started hitting the treadmill and did walk for about 10 minutes. Don't overwork your body, just do what your body can take.

58 pounds after ...

From XXL to L (sometimes even M). From 40 waistline to 34 (sometimes 33). From neck size 21 to 18 1/4. Did a complete wardrobe change. I suggest you donate your big clothes, you don't have use for those anymore -- there's no turning back.

As for exercise, I do 35 minutes on the bike and 15 minutes jogging on the treadmill, 3 times a week.

I eat 5-6 times a day and trying to limit my intake to 1400 calories (although suggested is 1280 to lose 2 pounds a week). If you want to know what food I eat, ping me.

I'm 2 pounds away from my goal.

If I can do it, ANYONE can do it.

Replies

• sairanasir
    sairanasir Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Can you please tell me what would be your typical day (eating wise) i try so hard but am not losing the pounds - i try and do the Leslie Sansone workout video (3 miles) five days a week and try and keep my calories around 1200 am allocated 1320 .
  • bullmastifflover
    bullmastifflover Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    that's fantastic!
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    Great Job!
  • TrailRunner
    TrailRunner Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    AWESOME. Good job!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Can you please tell me what would be your typical day (eating wise) i try so hard but am not losing the pounds - i try and do the Leslie Sansone workout video (3 miles) five days a week and try and keep my calories around 1200 am allocated 1320 .

If it is suggested to eat 1320, then eat 1320! You will lose the weight you are trying to reach if you really, really follow the suggestions of this site! I lost 25 in 5 months (sadly, without much/any actual exercise)... You can do it... Just follow the advice of the site! :)
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Congrats on your loss of 58lbs:) Thanks for sharing!!
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    and @jppetines - GREAT JOB!!! May the last 2 lbs be just as easy as the first 58! :)
  • godpebble
    Options
    I just started I lost 15 pounds already... I am counting my calories & portions plus going to the gym but no results in weight loss however I have notice inches off. Can you share what foods you were eating since my goal is the same as yours : )
  • AkBUTLER
    AkBUTLER Posts: 107
    Options
    I was worried about how the decreasing calories would work once you lost more weight. I have been worried about that! I have been staying within my calorie goal but I feel like all i ever think about is food!! Now it makes sense!! Congratulations on all your hard work!!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    *High five*

Good job. We're about the same size now. I started off at 4XL shirts and a size 48 waist. Now down to M and 33 - 34. I just buy my clothes at a size bigger because I'm not into the whole fitted look. I lost 125 - 126 lbs in about 10 months.

So, yeah, self-discipline is key. I still have about 12 - 15 lbs for me to hit my target goal.
  • Sammyk50
    Sammyk50 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Stories like this are so inspiring! Thanks so much for sharing. Congratulations on your success!
  • jppetines
    Options
    Thanks y'all! @anubis609 you're awesome buddy! I assume we're doing the same stuff huh?

Anyway, for those of you who are curious, this is my typical meal ...

Breakfast
    - Oatmeal (Weight Control) 160 calories
    - Yoplait Source Yogurt 35 calories

Snack
    - Orange or Apple 90 calories

Lunch
    - Tuna sandwich (Weight Watchers Whole Grain bread - 100 calories 2 slices, tuna - 90 calories)
    - Ham sandwich (bread - 100 calories, 2 slices of ham - 60 calories)
    - Banana 90 calories

Snack
    - Grapefruit 100 calories

Snack
    - Thinsation 100 calories

Dinner
    - varies but usually I eat salad with chicken strips 300-400 calories

Snack
    - Almonds 20 pcs 140 calories

Snack
    - Thinsation or piece of fruit 100 calories

* Exercise (3-4 times a week)
    - bike + treadmill burn 250-350 calories

Again, I try to vary my dinner but making sure it's not a heavy meal.
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration! Thanks for sharing!
  • TwilaG
    TwilaG Posts: 134
    Options
    I am glad you posted this. I am inspired! I have been wanting to eat more this week. I am ending my third week of "trying to find my waist again." Thank you for sharing!
  • Shawnarose
    Shawnarose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i am more than interested in how to do this...I am not seeing very much movement in the pounds coming off.
    I am moving again but starting to get frustrated maybe this will help!
    Thanks and congratulations!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Wow! Always great to hear success stories. Well done for sticking to your guns!!

:flowerforyou:
  • mrsannett
    mrsannett Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    That is great.....congrats! I can not wait until I reach my goal!
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Awesome job and great post. I
  • courtrptr13
    Options
    Congrats on how far you've come!
  • travellady
    Options
    Great success story! Thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!