First 15 pounds....

Options
So, as of Tuesday, I have lost my first 15 pounds. It's going to be a long journey, but here's what I've learned so far:

-Turkey is a wonderful substitute for all the meats that I used to gorge myself on and it's so much better for me.
-I don't hate to exercise, like I was so sure that I would.
-I sleep better, feel better and am overall happier when I have had my daily work out.
-There are some amazingly wonderful, friendly and supportive people on my fitness pal!!
-It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be to count calories and eat better. I did weight watchers last year and it felt so impossible and that I'd have to cut out all of the foods that I loved. I lost 7 pounds and then got sick of focusing on all the weight I had gained and started to hate myself! Not what I was hoping to happen! This time around, I'm totally committed and am having REAL results. Doing it the healthy way.
-My jeans that didn't fit a month ago now fit. I'm not used to wearing clothes that fit (stuff that was too big), but I realize that it's way more flattering to wear something that fits than something that doesnt.

I KNOW that I will be successful in losing 100 pounds over the next year. I think that I will be happy keeping my weight at 200 pounds....but who knows....maybe I will take it even farther.

Whatever happens, I have already learned some amazing things about food, myself and about my life. What have you learned?

My MFP journey started on January 12th and by February 2nd, I had lost 15 pounds.

Replies

• mariasheehan
    Options
    I'm so delighted for you, very well done, keep up the great work and continue to feel amazing :-)
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far! :flowerforyou:
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You have the right attitude. I can tell you're going to accomplish your goal. Keep up the good work.

p.s. I love MFP too.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    What a great start. keep up the fantastic work. Can't wait to see your progress in another month or two :happy:
  • TiredOfBeingRound
    TiredOfBeingRound Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I love the positive-ness!! you'll reach your goal for sure!!

Congrats!!
  • jamielr84
    Options
    I started MFP on the same day as you! On Sunday I had lost 11 pounds, so I may also be at the 15 mark! Congratulations!
  • raele
    raele Posts: 10
    Options
    Good for you, girl! Keep it up. : D
  • spunky_spit_fire
    spunky_spit_fire Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congratulations I am soo Happy for you !!!!!
  • x3mommy
    x3mommy Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Those are some great results and good for you for being aware of them and giving yourself credit where credit is due!
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!!! Keep it up :D
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Great start and lessons learned. Continued success!
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the wonderful support!!!
  • JesiDM
    JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Keep it up and don't give up! I hope as sucessful :D
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    good job and Ditto. I feel the exact same way. even did ww for a while and the thought of doing points doesn't appeal to me.
  • sierraskooter
    Options
    You ROCK!! Keep it up! You are in my prayers!! :))
  • Dianielle
    Options
    I feel the same way with a 18lbs difference you can really tell, how my clothes fit, and the way I sleep as well, Keep up the good Work!!!!
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    You're on the right road...keep it up! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!