I just had an amazing revalation!

Options
Weekends have always been by downfall on this journey. I do so well with my eating all week and then end up eating out 2-3 times on the weekend and it total ruins my progress and my confidence.

Today, the beginning of yet another dreaded weekend, was a busy day and I forgot to take meat out of the freezer to make something for dinner. So of course we ordered pizza. I chekecked how many calories I had left and decided I could have 2-3 pieces without going over my calorie goal for today. But as soon as I started eating I completely ignored wha my body was telling me and kept eating until I was so full I felt sick. Five prices of pizza and nearly 1300 calories later I felt absolutely horrible, depressed, ashamed. Ugh it was just awful.

And then the revelation...

My husband and 10 month old were sitting on the floor playing together after dinner and I decided I could do some sit ups, lunges, squats, and push ups. My son was giggling and having a wonderful time and my husband was laughing and encouraging me. Then we got the baby ready for bed and sat down in front of the tv. Instead of sitting here for 1-2 hours before bed, I decided I could run up my stairs for a half an hour and burn off some of those calories from dinner.

So here it it...

I AM COMPLETELY, ABSOLUTELY, 100% RESPONSIBLE FOR MY WEIGHT AND I AM IN CONTROL OF THE OUTCOME OF THIS JOURNEY!

Wow! It feels so great to finally understand that. Now I understand that if I eat too much, I can still do something to get back on course.

Here is to living a healthy, active lifestyle every single day!

Thanks MFP for listening!

Replies

• bethann1976
    Options
    Preach it sista!!!
  • raiderette34
    Options
    Great job! That is what I struggle with so often when I decide to start living healthier - one step off track and I act like there's no turning back. Congrats on taking a step back on the wrong track and continuing down your healthy and happy one! :)
  • Lexie71
    Lexie71 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    "All we have is this moment, shining like a star in your hand and melting like a snow flake." There is no starting over. There is no going back. There is only moving forward and making healthier choices. Good for you!
  • rsonthelake
    rsonthelake Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Great story. You've don't know how much you've helped me!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job and revelation! :)
  • Sandiweber03
    Options
    This is something I need to remind myself of as well! Great job!
  • dlambert11
    dlambert11 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! You have to believe in yourself 100% to make a healthy lifestyle change happen. Way to go for making the decision to be responsible for your weight loss journey!!! Keep up the awesome work.

Also something I do when I know I will be eating out is that I will go online and look at the menu ahead of time to figure out what and how much I should eat. Helps to be prepared. You can eat healthy at most restaurants.
  • sophiajackson99
    Options
    Yes you are. That's HUGE to realize! Some days I get that, and some days I forget. Thanks for reminding me of what I too already know! :)