worried about superbowl sunday

Options
dawnemjh
dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
I am planning on going over a friends for the superbowl on Sunday and I am really worried about going overboard with all the junk food that is sure to be there. I usually am very good about eating healthy, but when i am out and around all that junk food, I find it hard to resist. Any suggestions??? Thanks!!

Replies

• javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    Bring a veggie platter, eat before you go, and chew gum!
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    1. Eat before you go.

2. Take something healthy to share. I love hummus, veggies and whole grain crackers or pita bread for those kinds of events.

3. Don't feel bad if you have a little junk food. It's a special occasion. All those junk foods exist, and you're going to be exposed to them for your whole life. If you feel terrible everytime you indulge a little, you'll never be happy.
  • aburley
    aburley Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Allow yourself to have some snacks, but stay within your recommended calories. Maybe do an extra work out if you plan on going over.... I agree with the previous statement as well, take a veggie tray or other healthy snacks to the party, so that you know you'll have something available!
  • Booper83
    Booper83 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I know if I eat before I go, I'll still eat when I'd get there and then for sure be really bad. Bring your own yummy apps. Ones that taste great but are still healthy. Hummus, veggie plate, fat free cream cheese dip of some sort, etc. Be creatively healthy and you will then eat your stuff and still enjoy the game and still fit in with everyone else. And remember michelob ultra has less than 100 cals in a beer :)
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    1. Eat before you go.

2. Take something healthy to share. I love hummus, veggies and whole grain crackers or pita bread for those kinds of events.

3. Don't feel bad if you have a little junk food. It's a special occasion. All those junk foods exist, and you're going to be exposed to them for your whole life. If you feel terrible everytime you indulge a little, you'll never be happy.

I couldn't have said it better myself :)
  • Sandikh
    Sandikh Posts: 116
    Options
    I plan to enjoy myself for the superbowl (GO PACKERS!!!). My game plan is to get some extra exercise in during the day to up my calorie allowance. In addition to that, I plan to bring a few safer snacks to the party : fruit salsa with baked cinnamon chips, and "lightened up" taco dip with baked tostitos.

Have fun!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a break and take the day off. Unless you eat about 7000 extra calories you're not going to gain weight. One day won't do any damage.
  • LTHOM784
    LTHOM784 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    shrimp is always a big hit and pretty healthy. (usually the shrimp rings (platters) are on sale at grocery stores around this time). You could also google or search the web for healthy Superbowl snacks for ideas. Definitely bring a healthy dish to pass, plus you will score points with the host/hostess by bringing something.
  • tiptoe6
    tiptoe6 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Exercise some prior? If I'm not drinking alcohol, I try to load up on pretzels and water, lol. I guess if it's going to be snack/finger foods, pretzels are better than some. Plus, they seem to fill me up a little. Like they said above, one day of fun is always ok, it's the Superbowl ;)
  • dux1fan
    dux1fan Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Go Steelers!!!

I am going to my sisters house for a party. I, for one, will be doing an extra 30 mins of cardio Sunday morning. Also, I am going to have a healthy breakfast high in protein. I am planning on "scanning" all the yummy dishes and food that will be served and pick 1-2 of them that are screaming my name. Afterwards, I might be doing cart wheels, especially if Pittsburgh wins!!

Have fun everyone!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the great suggestions!!!!