New and hoping to stay motivated

Options
Hi everyone,my names Lori,I just turned the big 40 yesterday and I want to lose some pounds ,get back in shape but I'm not very good at sticking with things due to shift work.I really love the whole layout of this site!:drinker:

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! I am new too, and also have a hard time staying motivated with things, but I feel like this site is helping me out so far! I've only been on it a little over a week, but the calorie counter is really convicting! I am having a hard time getting into an exercise routine because my schedule is pretty busy! I am working on cutting time wasters out of my life to get exercise in! In the meantime I am going to work on the eating part and go from there! You can add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Hi Lori, welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • If you work shifts, try to make the meals you have appropriate to the time of day you are at work. Say, a breakfast type meal if on earlies or a dinner type meal if on evenings. I hope its been some help.
  • tara473
    tara473 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome my dear friend Lori! SO glad you have joined...you'll love it and the people are ALL so friendly and helpful!!!
  • rachel1975f
    Options
    Welcome to this site. It great for helping with motivation. If you want, add me as friend. You can do it!
  • LWesselink
    LWesselink Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks ,I usually work evenings or nights and try and eat regular meals with the family when I'm home and fit the other meals in at work.