Question about P90X-Yoga X

Options
Okay P90Xers, I have a question. This was my second time doing Yoga X today but I still feel like I am NOT good at it. I fall and wobble and some of the moves, I just CAN'T do! Is this ok? I just always pictured yoga as calm and peaceful...this one hasn't been like that for me. Of course, I'll keep going...but does anyone have any suggestions? I do have yoga blocks that I use for some of the moves. This yoga just isn't my strong point. lol
Thanks!!!

Replies

• jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    yoga is really hard! really just do your best something else when i did yoga this week (week 4) i relaxed a little on some of the moves and really just thought about breathing into the move and it felt better no not great but better I'm sure that as we get stronger it will get better good luck!
  • 1ofthegang
    1ofthegang Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The most important part of yoga is posture and breathing, so you are better off really concentrating on the moves you can do and modifying the ones you can't do. Keep at it and once you become more flexible, you will be able to do all the moves!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Mandy ... You can do X Stretch OR get google Tony Horton One on One Fountain of Youth Yoga ... it is a 45 minute option and while it is still hard it is doable ... I found this one to be a really nice alternative to the Yoga X especially time wise. You still get the essence without the repetition.

EDIT: and Yoga DOES take time to master ... DO YOUR BEST AND FORGET THE REST :)
  • Mustangmandy1982
    Options
    Thank you all! I will focus more on breathing and relaxing. Maybe I am too tense bc I'm thinking about how bad I am doing at it. Just kinda do my best. I just honestly wasn't prepared for it. lol
    I will check into that video! It would be great to have something a little less X. lol
    Thank you!!!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong Mandy ... FoY is hard core BUT it's not as long and it is a tad more "intimate" ... I just like it better. I also got the ARX2 which is a preview of P90X part 2 :)
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I will focus more on breathing and relaxing. Maybe I am too tense bc I'm thinking about how bad I am doing at it. Just kinda do my best. I just honestly wasn't prepared for it. lol
    I will check into that video! It would be great to have something a little less X. lol
    Thank you!!!

Just do your best and forget the rest! I'm pretty flexible but I struggle quite a bit with moves that require standing on one leg for an extended period of time. Sometimes I'll have a toe on the ground or my hands balancing me. Just keep at it and "you'll gradually improve over the course of time".
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Yeah, just do what you can and eventually you will be doing what you struggle with right now. I am in Week 5 right now of this round of the X, and I couldn't do crane at all in Week 1. I held it for about 45 seconds today. Also, I struggle A LOT with that one part where you wrap one hand behind your band and the other under your leg after doing right angle pose and you're supposed to grab wrists...well, in Week 1 I was literally just grabbin' my rear with both hands, but today I was holding my fingertips together.

You WILL improve. Just keep going and do your best!
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Oh let me tell you!!!!! The first time I did Yoga X I wanted to ....disappear. I was so embarressed....I was hoping nobody was creeping through my windows to see me struggling! The second time I wanted to...give up would be the wrong word....I wanted to "skip it".....the third time I said...."oh I can do this now".....the fourth time I was up on my leg doing the Crane!!!! Now, I am still not good, but Im improving a lot.
    Trust me, it gets better. Its long and hard but such an accomplishment when you do master something new :)

Ill say like most people said "Do your best and forget the rest"
  • ecp2698
    ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I agree with what the others said.. I hated yoga at first because I felt pathetic doing it, could not hold a lot of moves, got frustrated, etc. Now I don’t mind it all and although the moves are still challenging, I can do most of them and feel empowered after I have finished.
    And I still cannot do half moon without putting my leg down for a second, gets me every time, but I keep on trying!

Keep at it, you are doing great! :)
  • Mustangmandy1982
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! You don't know how releaved I am to know that others struggled at first also!!! I will def keep at it and not give up!
  • readytoshredlbs
    Options
    I sweat more in Yoga X then I do in any other of the workouts, My wife has been ding P90X for two week now and she struggles with her balance on all of the excerises still but she still pushes play every day and works through it...
  • thomasvision
    thomasvision Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am on day 20 of P90X and just like someone else said I sweat more during Yoga X than some of the other work out. I am getting better but it is still SO hard to do. So it takes time.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    It took me until my TWENTIETH (yes, 20th) week of P90X (so, well into my 2nd round) to finally appreciate and feel good about yoga X. I was a mess the first 6 weeks of it! That said, I kept pushing play every week and I did get stronger and more flexible. I also found that yoga really helped build my upper body strength and is what keeps me from injury now.

For those of you who have a hard time with its length, just do the first 45 minutes (that's the hard part!). Also, minutes 36-46 are brutally difficult for many of us...at first, don't be afraid to do the first 36 minutes (up until you get to the one legged warrior/half moon sequences), and then fast forward to the standing balance poses (starting with tree).
  • Mustangmandy1982
    Options
    Yeah, next week is my third week and I am determined to TRY all moves this time. Sitting there with my mouth dropped thinking, "Tony you are crazy" is not acceptable anymore! lol I will do it all and I know it'll get better!
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    I did yoga yesterday sore today Just wanted to mention a phrase Tony talked about on core I think he said "Do all the work on the inhale," Boy did that help me yesterday I went deeper and helded things longer than before, Sooooooo just putting that out there.