Calorie count vs. Actually doing it right

Options
okay, I know my diet is not perfect at all but I'm trying to eat right and be healthy. And I know it's none of my business but it annoys me when I see people eating the whole days worth in one sitting eating pizza and cheeseburgers and soda then not eating the rest of the day to stay under their count. It's not healthy or motivating. I understand we all slip up now and then but I've been seeing it alot. I don't know.... It's none of my business but when I go to someones food diary I like to get ideas to help me out not see 1200 calories in greasy deep fried food.

Okay. I'm done. On the other hand almost everyone here is super nice, trying to make the healthy change and very supportive so thanks my new friends :)

Replies

• wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I Feel the same way! as you know, healthy eating is eating smaller meals but more of them.. and of course not eating foods that are fried or heavily processed.. well.. maybe on occasion ;)
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Well not everyone here is on a path to be healthy. some people are here only to lose weight and look good. which means eating what every they want. its just a difference of opinions and wants. no need to make anyone feel bad for doing so.
  • HeartsTurtle
    Options
    I agree with you and I would say to those people that they are doing it wrong. Because living that type of lifestyle will almost certainly lead to failure. Eating 3 well balanced meals with a few small snacks is the best way.
  • callmefor911
    callmefor911 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    to each his own.. somedays I may be craving pizza and I just got to have it.. so I do just as not as much as I used to... working for me.. last I checked I was almost 10 pounds down..
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you, that isn't healthy at all, but can you see if they completed the log in that day? I have a terrible habit of figured I'm going to go over and I quit logging my food. Maybe I'm just an optimist.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Kind of the chance you take when you snoop in someone else's food log. Would it be better that they don't even log it? No. At least they're documenting what they're eating, healthy or otherwise.
  • HeartsTurtle
    Options
    Well not everyone here is on a path to be healthy. some people are here only to lose weight and look good. which means eating what every they want. its just a difference of opinions and wants. no need to make anyone feel bad for doing so.

I wonder if those people realize that they will almost certainly gain the weight back... and then some. And then when they want to lose it all again, it will be more difficult for it to come off. And this is someone speaking from experience ;-)
  • Naomi91
    Options
    I agree with you and I would say to those people that they are doing it wrong. Because living that type of lifestyle will almost certainly lead to failure. Eating 3 well balanced meals with a few small snacks is the best way.

actually it has been proven that 6 evenly spaced meals is the best way.
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    You go and look at other people's logs? I never would have even thought to do that except with my friends!
  • Naomi91
    Options

I wonder if those people realize that they will almost certainly gain the weight back... and then some. And then when they want to lose it all again, it will be more difficult for it to come off. And this is someone speaking from experience ;-)

heh i would have to agree with ya there, a lot of people do gain a lot of the weight back but i am more of a person who thinks to each their own :]
  • HeartsTurtle
    Options

actually it has been proven that 6 evenly spaced meals is the best way.

I have heard that. Although, that's not possible for me with my schedule. So eating 3 well balanced meals with very light snacks is best for me :-)
  • wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
  • tompetty
    tompetty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I agree... but those are people who need to be motivated, probably not told they are annoying. ;)
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

Not necessarily. The key to losing weight and keeping it off is to be realistic. If being thin and healthy meant ALWAYS eating healthy for the rest of my life, then getting to that goal would never happen. Sure I like salads and lean chicken, but there are other foods I like to eat. For example today, I had a healthy breakfast of a banana and yogurt, and my lunch included a banana and a lean cuisine, but I also had a pudding cup. Now I am sure lots of people would disagree with the pudding cup, but I can eat it and still be within my calories and I enjoy it.

Also, I had a can of pepsi with dinner. Yes pop is bad for you, but I love it. If I can eat mostly healthy but still enjoy the things I enjoy AND get skinny, that's awesome and I see nothing wrong with it. I see new people come all the time and say they are eating nothing but fruits and veggies and lean meats and they cannot meet their 1200 calorie goal for the life of them. That's because they're eating all this food that is SO low in calories, they just keep eating and eating and they get full but they just can't reach their calorie goal. This is not realistic and won't last. Sure there is healthy stuff they could eat that's higher in calories, but you get my point. I think that's why most diets fail, they leave no room for enjoyment. People think dieting is all about eating rabbit food, and when they can't stick with it, they quit.
  • Naomi91
    Options
    [/quote]
    is best for me :-)
    [/quote]
    i would have to say that this is where i was getting at with this. Everyone is different and has their preferences. I eat 6 small meals that to some may just seem like snacks but all heathy choices. But to others they want to eat whatever and still lose weight. and if it works for them then great :D if not im sure they will figure it out. Not everyone likes to eat healthy

p.s. not trying to be rude :] you guys are all doing great! keep up the wonder work doing whatever is best for you :D
  • AnitaAntone
    AnitaAntone Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    to each his own, it's a good thing we only have to pay for our own eating sins.
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options
    I totally agree with you, that isn't healthy at all, but can you see if they completed the log in that day? I have a terrible habit of figured I'm going to go over and I quit logging my food. Maybe I'm just an optimist.

I do the same thing, logging it would only make me feel worse, I figure the day is kaput, and I start over the next day.
  • jacque1109
    Options
    I would say, they logged that--- and then didn't log what else they ate :)
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I am going to write this as nicely as I can. Whether or not a member makes their food diary public is their choice. That being said, I find it discouraging that members are being judged on their food choices. That stuff goes on out in public enough. This is supposed to be a supportive group, not a place for members to be berated. What they choose to eat is their business and whatever works for them is also their business. Live and let live. Believe it or not, members are not on here to help you or anyone else make food choices. They are here for their own personal reasons. If you are not getting healthy ideas from those people, then please look elsewhere. Shaming them in public is only repeating cruelties they have suffered from countless others.
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options
    okay, I know my diet is not perfect at all but I'm trying to eat right and be healthy. And I know it's none of my business but it annoys me when I see people eating the whole days worth in one sitting eating pizza and cheeseburgers and soda then not eating the rest of the day to stay under their count. It's not healthy or motivating. I understand we all slip up now and then but I've been seeing it alot. I don't know.... It's none of my business but when I go to someones food diary I like to get ideas to help me out not see 1200 calories in greasy deep fried food.

Okay. I'm done. On the other hand almost everyone here is super nice, trying to make the healthy change and very supportive so thanks my new friends :)

I get what you're saying, but everyone has their own way of doing things. If they make their diary public they are certainly opening the door for others to look. And while you're entitled to your own opinion, I'm not sure what good it does to publicly complain about it. I've found that blogging (which you can do on this site) is better for an "annoyed rant" than the message boards :)