nothing but a dream...

Options
So lately everytime i think about losing weight + reaching my goal it's as if it's nothing but a dream. i can't see it happening, it's like it's always going to be nothing but a hope of being skinny. i think it's because the last time i was skinny i was around 12, so i can't remember being slim at all because my body didn't bother me than. so really all i can see myself being is the way i am now. i can't even see myself weighing less that 70kg :(

Replies

• UnpredictablyPretty21
    Options
    You need to have faith in yourself, determined that you will reach your goal!!! You can do it :)... I know you can!!! it will be hard and your gonna have sh!tty days... but you pick yourself up and you get skinny and get into those jeans you badly want!!!!

xx
  • MissLadyInWaiting
    Options
    god i hope so. i just can't see myself actually being skinny, only ever thinking about it. it's such a weird feeling. i just wish the weeks would go by quicker. i hate waiting for weight in days >.<
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Maybe try to just focus on each day. Although there is a long term goal, it's better if you can manage not to obsess about it (much easier said than done, I know!)
    Each meal, each bite, each snack, each healthy food choice is a victory.
  • ultimategar
    ultimategar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I iknow exactly what you mean! I haven't been at my target weigh for over 15 years, really hard to picture myself that weight again.
    Having said that, before I go on holiday I find it hard to picture myself wherever I'm going, but I know i'm going there!
    Keep it up and even if you can't imagine it, you know you're going to to do it!
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    The way I try and look at it is that the days and weeks will go by at the same speed regardless. The end of next month will arrive and I can either be a few lb lighter or a few lb heavier. Look back on January. How fast did that go?

This whole weightloss thing isn't definable by time - I can't pick a date where I will be at my ideal weight and think haha, back to the wine and kebabs on that day. It's changes that will last you a lifetime and it may be that they are small changes that you can maintain even if they make the weightloss slower. Such a cliche, but it really is a marathon and not a sprint ( can't believe I just said that lol)
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Maybe try to just focus on each day. Although there is a long term goal, it's better if you can manage not to obsess about it (much easier said than done, I know!)
    Each meal, each bite, each snack, each healthy food choice is a victory.

I agree... Look into goal making books. Reprogramming your sub-conscious is as easy as positive self reenforcement and goal setting. This has helped me immensely. This book is my weightloss bible and here are a couple links:

http://www.fitnesstipsforlife.com/burn-the-fat-feed-the-muscle-complete-review.html

http://www.burnthefatblog.com/archives/2009/12/cheating_on_your_diet.php

The chapter on goal setting is perfect for you. It's all about reprogramming the subconscious.You can do this!! Go for it!!
  • vixen325
    Options
    Everything takes time. I am sure u didn't put the weight on over night it's going to take a while. See yourself healthier skinny meeting your goals You can do this don't give up
  • UnpredictablyPretty21
    Options
    Hunni, it doesnt happen over night... You can jump on the scales as much as you want and watch the scale go up and down and have it bum you out when you dont get the result you want.
    Trust me you are beautiful and you will get there, will Power is important :)
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I was the same for years!!if you think you can't you wont. What I did was change my thinking sounds silly but stop thinking skinny. Get rid of the word. I started thinking I want to be healthier, eliminate high risks of disease, feeling energized and more positive. Thinking of the confidence that comes with being healthier worked for me. After thinking that way I've lost nearly 8 kgs after being stuck at the same weight for years. Hope it helps!