So what is everyone doing for the superbowl?

Options
Since we have 2 small kids and my husband is sick we're going to just chill out at home. Tomorrow is my rest day so I'm going to play it safe and get subway for dinner and my daughter and I are going to make low calorie baked chips with corn tortillas and some salsa for a dip. She's 5 and she just said "Mommy lets cut up some tomatoes and make a healthy spinach dip too so we all stay healthy." Is that cute or what? So what is everyone else doing??? Staying home or going to a party and what is on your menu?

GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• shelbz2684
    Options
    That is cute, obviously you have an impact on her! :) I'm not sure, it's one or two things. Staying at home and watching it with my parents, or going up to friend's house to watch it if he asks me.
  • shanners85
    shanners85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm working during it. I'm glad that I won't be at a party with all kinds of food temptations around but upset that I am missing the game.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Staying home and no snacks to tempt me. :bigsmile:
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Just staying at home and relaxing. Hubby hates sports and though I love football my team isn't in it so it won't be a celebration for me just a game lol. On the menu is pork chops (baked), brown rice, and broccoli.
  • bdavenport62
    Options
    staying in. We are sore losing Falcons fans,..:grumble:
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    unfortunately I'm staying home...I've already started the snacking...can't wait till all of the good are out of the house!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Staying at home with my kids. My hubby runs a sports bar so he'll be at work running a SB party (lucky him). Baaah!! I'll be lonely hehe.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'll be tuning into the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet, and walking my dog as per the Subaru Game Day Dog Walk Event... http://www.subaru.com/dogs/index.html
  • sspayne35
    sspayne35 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Staying in too...Watching at home...Some of the menu will include: Shrimp with cocktail sauce. Whole grain chips and salsa. CUt up fruit. Spinach dip for the hubby...Valentine Sugar cookies for the kids....I will have a Weight watchers Fudge bar! (I will only be watching the commercials! heehee) I weigh in on Monday so I need to be GOOD!
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I am eating and :drinker:

I will be :cry: Monday
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I am actually working during the Super Bowl, Yeah, right, but on the other hand across from my desk is 60 inch projection tv, and the game will be on, so I wont miss anything.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are not interested in the Super Bowl, so we never go to any party and we either stay home or go out for dinner (it is Sunday after all!), by ourselves. No unhealthy snacks and nothing to be tempted with.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'll probably work out tomorrow before I chow down. My husband will miss most of the game like every year, since he has to work. I honestly don't care who wins this Superbowl. I am looking forward to the Halftime show and commercials. Lol!
  • ecp2698
    ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I am looking for some healthy snacky stuff we can make for it. I do a low fat taco dip but I am kinda sick of making it. Anyone have some good ideas?

I am most looking forward to the Black Eyed Peas at halftime! :)
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Watching the game...and the commercials! They are the best! We can't wait.
    Will be having healthy salad....and veggies...along with some steak and real chicken wings too. Will be cooking them in my Nu Wave oven...not frying...haha.....
    GO STEELERS! (i believe i may be their only fan)
    :bigsmile: :tongue:
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I will be using my left hand to smack my right hand everytime it reaches for a wing. LOLOL. Hey! my mother always said that everything in moderation is ok. Tomorrow that rule is in full effect. I am also making Red Velvet cupcakes. I will enjoy one. I will be leaving some burned calories at the gym in the AM before kickoff.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a party, and I'm going to eat, and I'm going to drink....oh and I'm a Bears fan...so bring on the commercials!! :drinker:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    We're going to a friends house. They better have some hot wings...:tongue:
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a party, and I'm going to eat, and I'm going to drink....oh and I'm a Bears fan...so bring on the commercials!! :drinker:

I'm a HUGE Bears fan too! I'm going to eat, but skip the drinking part. That outta save me a few calories, huh??? lol Enjoy!
  • WindmillSong
    WindmillSong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I think we're staying home-with 4 kids, there aren't many parties that welcome them, lol! In past years, we've had friends over, or gone to my sister in laws house, but they are sick this year, and I'm just not in the mood to host, so I think it's going to be a relaxing evening of watching commercials (neither of us are into football, but I do kind of follow the Colts) and eating a grilled something...chicken/pork chops...haven't decided yet.

I miss the buffalo chicken dip, meatballs, chips and dip etc that I've made in the past...but I'm not going to cave for temptation!