Wii fit

Okay everyone we just recently bought the wii fit and I love it I actually get to exercises at home without anyone watching me. I usually try to do it for 30 minutes but there is no way to add my exercise to the exercise portion because I don't know how many calories I am burning, I just know that I probably downed 32 ounces of water during it and was sweating like a pig. Does it matter that I don't add this? I just wanted to make sure I knew I was getting my fitness in. Please help me.

Replies

• familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Okay everyone we just recently bought the wii fit and I love it I actually get to exercises at home without anyone watching me. I usually try to do it for 30 minutes but there is no way to add my exercise to the exercise portion because I don't know how many calories I am burning, I just know that I probably downed 32 ounces of water during it and was sweating like a pig. Does it matter that I don't add this? I just wanted to make sure I knew I was getting my fitness in. Please help me.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    you could do a search online and see if they have anything listing calories burned for Wii Fit. You could also try listing a similar activity... like using yoga when you use the wii for yoga activities etc. Good job! Its always great finding a fun way to get exercise. I think the wii fit looks really cool! Wish i had one! :)
  • All that matters is you are moving around... Any amount of calories is worth it. I try to do suttle exercises like taking the stairs instead of the escalator/elevator and I started to notice that at the gym everyone would look for a close spot...It seems kind of backwards so I started to purposely park farther away. Keep up the good work moving is grooving!

77870.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Im new, and I'm a gamer...so i thought i may be able to add some info here.

Wii Fit does help keep track of some things in it from what i understand. I think there are some websites that will talk about the exercises you perform and about how much you burn....or if anything take something similar to the exercise your doing and guess at it.

I am looking forward to buying wii fit and using it in my exercise routines
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    If you have the money invest in a heart rate monitor. It will tell you how many calories you burn if you get one that does that. Right now I have a strapless one but I want to save up to get one with a strap because they are more accurate. But for now I like my watch one.

Connie
  • I have been wanting to try the WII fit - my son has a WII but not the fit. Is it worth buying-with winter coming on I know I am going to need to try and have something that I can do when weather is too bad to get outside. Let me know what you think about the WII fit. I believe anything we do that is getting our heart rate up is great exercise. I would just try and log it as close as I could to the specific activity.:bigsmile:
  • familygirl37167
    The wii fit is a great investment, you think you are not doinf anything when really it is kicking you taill all over the place in the comfort of my own home. I have a son who is 10, 11 in november and he plays catcher in his baseball league, so I try and tell him he needs to lose weight to continue playing his favorite position, and now he is on it and loves it also, so for me it a perfect 10!!!!!!!! Tamara
  • I have been wanting to try the WII fit - my son has a WII but not the fit. Is it worth buying-with winter coming on I know I am going to need to try and have something that I can do when weather is too bad to get outside. Let me know what you think about the WII fit. I believe anything we do that is getting our heart rate up is great exercise. I would just try and log it as close as I could to the specific activity.:bigsmile:

As i said a post above, I'm a gamer....im going into game design.

I read a review of the wii fit, and one thing the reviewer (of gameinformer) had said at the end of his 5 day run of it, is that he had lost weight (i think like a pound or so) and his BMI went down...he didn't really feel it but when he went to an actual scale, it too read the difference. So the game must be doing something.

The key to it would be just actually going through the exercise routine. It doesn't do as much good if you just play the fun game's in it....though they still help. But if you go through the exercise routine's, then you can get results from it.

I don't think it will replace still going out and walking or doing some other activity....but it does help for those day's you don't have the time to get out or just can't for some reason or another.

I am going to buy one asap....and when i get my Wii fixed lol :D

• I don't think it will replace still going out and walking or doing some other activity....but it does help for those day's you don't have the time to get out or just can't for some reason or another.

I am going to buy one asap....and when i get my Wii fixed lol :D

When you're as heavy and as out of shape as I am, Wii Fit could definitely count as exercise. I do the jogging (longer/advanced version), the advanced hula, and the step aerobics (also the advanced/longer version). I do all those exercises non-stop for about 30 - 45 minutes and then do about 15 to 20 minutes of the toning exercises (push-ups, side planks, etc). I find that really exaggerating my movements (like on doing the step aerobics and jogging) and also trying to go as fast as I can to beat my personal best (like on the hula) each time helps a great deal.

I know that as I get smaller, this might not always be the case, but for right now it works!
  • Oh and to the original poster...

I do Wii Fit on my days off from my regular exercise, but I don't count it. I stepped on last night to see that I'd lost 11 pounds! Can't wait to weigh-in on the regular scale on Monday to see if it says the same thing.
  • vldowd
    vldowd Posts: 74 Member
    I think that whether you add the calories in depends on how you are set up. I am listed as sedentary because often I will spend all day on the computer and not a whole lot of activity. I add in everything that is not just sitting around. I include cooking, cleaning, gardening and even leisurely walking when I am shopping. This has worked for me having lost 43 pounds since march.

I also have the fit and it IS exercise, just fun exercise that flies by. After the first 30 minutes I used it I was sore for 2 days.:noway: It is an awesome investment.
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Hi Tamara
    I am very interested in buying a WII fit
    Where did you purchase yours???
    Did you shop around????
    How much???
    If you dont mind answering my ?????'s
    Zoe
  • familygirl37167
    HI Zoepane, I bought my at wal0mart, I think every where they cost the same, its probably a hard time to find one, I just got lucky and happened to stumble upon one. It cost like 98 with tax and everything weel worth it.
  • We checked just about everywhere with no luck. We finally tried eBay. At $140, it was a bit more than we would've paid for it in the stores, but we really, REALLY wanted it. It was worth EVERY penny!