• warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    But the fat in PB is mostly good essential fats
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    But the fat in PB is mostly good essential fats

That may be true... but calories are calories. You could always mix a little of the real stuff with it I suppose...
  • granbarrant
    granbarrant Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump....sounds good
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Where do you get that??

EDIT>>>> nevermind... I guess I should finish reading before asking questions! lol. I am going to check that out! Thanks!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I LOVE PB2!! I can't say enough good things about it, I've mentioned it a number of times around here as well. Seriously, I don't know what I love more, the calories, the low-fat, the flavor (of both the reg and chocolate) or that the entire ingredients list is just Roasted Peanuts, Sugar and Salt (and cocoa powder for the chocolate.

I'd been using Better'N Peanut Butter and switched the instant I found PB2. Not only does it taste better but it doesn't have to be refrigerated, has a much better looking ingredients list, and ultimately ends up cheaper per serving, even with ordering it online.

For a PB addict like me it's like a dream come true. And for anyone that has trouble not continuing to just dip into the jar of PB, this can help curb that since you mix up exactly how much you're using each time.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    So I imagine I could use this as a replacement for the PB I put in my protein breakfast shakes, huh? I will have to check our stores!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Their website has a store locator to see where it might be available near you. The closest store to me is closing down so I'm left with ordering it online now. :(
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Apparently all the HyVees in my area carry them! Awesome.
  • vero_1
    vero_1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'll have to check it out!.Thnaks for sharing!
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    If the ingredient list didn't include sugar, I might try it.

Edit: Actually, that isn't true. I wouldn't try it either way, because the fat that comes with a peanut is good fat. Really I'm just bothered that they had to include sugar. I guess otherwise it would taste disgusting.
  • might4
    might4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Can someone share the nutritional info per serving on it? I would like to compare to other products. I see that it does list sugar in the ingrediants so how it compares would be interesting.
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Sounds kind of terrifying. mmmm... peanut butter powder.
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Can someone share the nutritional info per serving on it? I would like to compare to other products. I see that it does list sugar in the ingrediants so how it compares would be interesting.

I found the nutritional info on the manufacturer's web site: www.bellplantation.com . Click on the tab near the top that says, "Nutrition".
  • WindmillSong
    WindmillSong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just picked some up at HyVee the other day-I did the store locator on Bell Plantations site, and even though we have 6, (or 7?) HyVee's in town, it only brought up one-of course I had to go to that one, lol! I really liked it; I bought the chocolate kind, and had to mix some up right away when I got home to try. Yum!
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.. sounds interesting.. might have to try this since I love PB. I've been trying to wean myself off the regular Jif variety. Recently found at my local farmers market a prodcut called Naturally More. Not sure if it's nationally available but it has less fat and sugar than the supermarket variety and they also add flaxseed oil. Here's the nutrional breakdown but this PB2 sounds like it could be even better.

2tbsp
    169 calories
    total fat 11g
    carbs 8g
    sugars 2g
    protein 10g
    sodium 130 mg
    9% DV of Omega 3 & 6

They have a website too... naturallymore.com
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    couldn't you just buy peanut butter and instead of stirring it, pour out the oil??
  • Scubahhh
    Scubahhh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What about nut butters made from actual nuts, which are much better for you? I LOVE cashew butter and almond butter!
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Wonderful suggestion. I'm going to try it. I'm in Arizona and found four stores (fitness nutrition stores) that carry it. They said that it's so popular that, even though they get a ton in, it's typically sold out in a day or so. That makes me think I'd like to try it! Checked Texas stores and it's ALL OVER! Can't wait to try it! Thanks for the tip!!

The guy at the nutrition stores said that it's great in chocolate "peanut butter" protein shakes and stirred into oatmeal. Yum! There are tons of recipes at the company's website as well. Love learning of new products!!!
  • amyhollar
    amyhollar Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    thank you! I'm getting some of this asap- i love pb on apples or pb and bananas on toast! is it a good stand in for pb in these types of treats?