Hello from the UK

Options
Hi all, I'm Lisa aged 39 (40 this year :( ) and I'm new,I found MFP on my ipod and have to say its my favourite app. I want to lose weight and keep it of for the 1st time. I always lose the weight but as soon as I reach my GW I go back to my old eating habits and end up weighing more than before. This seems to be the best diet i've been on and I seem to be eating more.I lost 7 pounds last week but this week so far I haven't even lost a pound :( . I joined about 2 weeks ago and have been enjoying reading everyones post. This site seems very supportive and I just wanted to join in.

Lisa

Replies

• fatgirlslim47
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the board, I am Jackie and I joined in January and I love this site, its so easy to sit down at home and plan my days eating and once I have written it down I tend to stick to it as I hate going over my calories. I am a liitle heavier than you by a few pounds but I have set my goal a little higher. I hope to adjust that as the weight starts to come off. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Jackie
  • wonk1968
    Options
    Hi & welcome ive been on the site for a few weeks now, im from the UK also.

I have found this site so helpful so far with the Iphone app as well i can keep track wherever I am.

Also the people on here are all supportive,(probably because we are all in the same boat).

Keep strong & if ever you feel its not going right, put it behind, get on the site & speak to people they will
    soon get you back on track.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm from UK too, and have been on the site for about 3 weeks. I find it very supportive and motivating, and great for tracking the cals and exercise. Enjoy !!

Wendy
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp Lisa. Have sent you a friend request. You will love it here!
  • princess_f
    Options
    Welcome! Its always good to see uk members!
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa and welcome!

Here's a couple of threads relevant to the UK MFP gang, in case you haven't found them yet:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/166210-team-uk-february-2011

and

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/163828-team-uk-northern-numpties-vs-southern-softies-weekly-result?page=3#posts-2244878

Come and join in the fun :)
  • Glos_Bloke
    Options
    Hi there!

Welcome to the site! There's quite a few of us UK'ers about :happy:

Best advice I can give is add everyone as a friend! The motivation and support provided here is fantastic!

Best wishes

Warren
  • dilemmadale86
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm up in Scotland and have been on the site since the beginning of January, it really does change your life! Enjoy :)
    Randomly, we have the same starting weight and goal weight and my week 1 loss was also 7lbs! Weird.
    Emxx