is there a fast food emergency drill?

Options
2»

Replies

• Lisabrownnc
    Options
    I took my son there yesterday for a happy meal but had the ability to look online before i went for calories. I had the bacon ranch salad (with grilled chicken) and light balsamic dressing. Salad = 260 and dressing = 40, so total 300. I just watched an episode of Oprah at the meat processing plant, so I couldn't eat a hamburger (too fresh in my memory).

Next time you are in that situation, try to have a salad instead if you can (but watch the dressing - that can be worse in calories than a burger). Or if all else fails, remember the next day is a new day and 1 fast food meal isnt going to make or break you in the long run.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    :blushing:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Next time you are in that situation, try to have a salad instead if you can (but watch the dressing - that can be worse in calories than a burger). Or if all else fails, remember the next day is a new day and 1 fast food meal isnt going to make or break you in the long run.

oops, edit....didn't post anything....:blushing:

I'd like to start with the next MEAL, not the next day....just sayin......

You can still eat fast food...just make better choices. Get a grilled chicken salad or sandwich (no mayo) and no fries.

That being said, sometimes you just want a cheeseburger and fries so if you had that...don't beat yourself up and don't feel like you have to starve yourself and work out for hours to make up for it. Our bodies need a little jolt every now and then so they don't get used to the same caloric intake every day/week. 1 day over your calories will not be the end of the world!
  • Manda1987
    Options
    I have become a big fan of the Happy Meal. A hamburger/french fries Happy Meal with a diet Coke is only 470 calories... compared to the 540 calories in a Big Mac alone! I find I don't like salad without dressing, so this is a fairly low-cal way to get fast food without having to snack on plain lettuce.

Plus, you get a rockin' toy ;)