Anyone use 5 hour energy?

GamecockFan14
GamecockFan14 Posts: 154 Member
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
I was thinking about trying it, but wasn't sure. I need something to wake my *kitten* up, and coffee isn't doing it.

Replies

• JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    I use it when I have an especially rough night; i can't stand it alone so I pour it into a diet sprite or water depending on the time of day I need it. I only use it though once a month if that. I wouldn't think it's very safe to use daily but I haven't done the research on it or it's components.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    I was using it daily for over a year. I liked it! I also used the extra strength. I dont dink coffee and tea does not have enough caffiene boost for me. Also use as directed. You want to see what your tolerance is. I don't get the shakes or real hyper with it. You always want to make sure you don't have a heart or blood pressure condition. I went back to ABB SPeed stackers for a while but I like the shots because it is quick easy and one shot vs a drink.

hope all that helps
  • GamecockFan14
    GamecockFan14 Posts: 154 Member
    Yeah, thanks! I just tried one.... I only took half of the bottle, so we shall see. :)
  • benztim6876
    benztim6876 Posts: 28 Member
    I would say a healthier way to get energy is with B12 vitamins. I use B complex and B12 to get me throught he day/ Since you body needs the B's anyways why not give it what it needs. I take 10,000mcg a day. I have plenty of energy.
  • Jess3Loves
    Jess3Loves Posts: 94 Member
    I use it when I have an especially rough night; i can't stand it alone so I pour it into a diet sprite or water depending on the time of day I need it. I only use it though once a month if that. I wouldn't think it's very safe to use daily but I haven't done the research on it or it's components.

I can't stand the taste either. I can usually take it like a shot if I pour it in a small glass. Putting it in sprite is a great idea! Thanks!
  • Jess3Loves
    Jess3Loves Posts: 94 Member
    I used to be "addicted" to energy drinks like Rockstar, Monster, AMP, etc. I NEEDED/HAD TO HAVE one every day at 3:00 just to keep going. They ended up giving me kidney stones! It was awful pain. My Dr. said that those drinks are so bad for you and do so much damage. So, I had to stop...and boy was it hard. The alternative to these full size drinks is the 5 Hour Energy Shot. I have one every once in a while, but I am trying to just get myself off all that. Anyway, in a round about way of answering your question, if you want energy, these are the safest way to do it (besides B12 vitamins)!
  • my husband didn't have a good experience with it. he couldn't even drive home one night. it wasn't good. but i would recommend almonds. womans world magazing says that handful of almonds cut fatigue by 89%. and i really stand by that. i think it really works.
This discussion has been closed.