The BBW/BHM Challenge - Till March 20th

Options

Replies

• missjenbug
    Options
    I missed weigh in! :(

and I gained 3 pounds :(

I will not make excuses, it's my lady time and ive been having a few cheat days. im more disappointed in myself than anything. No cheat days this week!
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Oh, I don't know what happened! I stayed under my calories, exercised everyday and managed to put on 3lb???!!!!!!! :( Feel really disheartened but am giving up bananas and going to keep going :)

Well done to all those who have lost though :)

The same thing is happening to me as well... i found this in the message boards about two days ago and it applies to me... maybe this can help you too

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    i forgot to weigh in! i am soooo sorry will def weigh in tomorrow morning and post it! Shoutouts to all of you who made progress! :) i am so excited for all of you! I hope I lost something... I have been feeling extra large these past few days so im worried I have gained weight...
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    I plucked up the courage and went to a Absolute Beginners Ballet class tonight. I was the oldest and biggest. Yay.. I went on my own and did it for myself. It was hard and it hurt and I am in pain now, but would do it again. I like mixing up my exercise and surprising my muscles and limbs with something new. Don't know that my body will feel so new in the morning. Think I will be feeling all my 50 years almost 51 (15th Feb) in the morning.
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Roughly half way through the week till next weigh in - how's people doing?
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Doing good ... I think ....

I've had a MAD week, the school year starts in January here, and this year my little boy started school, on the same day some friends arrived from London and My Mum arrived in the afternoon, they all stayed over with us! Then as if that wasn't enough, I'm a teacher and I started back at work. This week has been mad, but ...

I have been sticking to my calories, I've done a lot of exercise and eaten every extra calorie! My hubby has loaned me an old heart rate monitor as he reckons the calories given on here for exercise are too high ... which I hope he's wrong about as I love the fact I can have a chocolate, if I just go for a run!! I plan to go for a run with it on tomorrow, and we'll see how it compares!

I'm just feeling really happy to be eating much more sensibly.

Only 3 more days to weigh day!
  • summer_angel
    summer_angel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey LOSERS!! (haha, I mean that nicely). I don't usually get on the board during the week, but just wanted to check in before Wednesday and see how everyone is faring.
    Jen, I am so glad your family is ok. Even though there may be damage, that can be fixed. A lost life cannot be replaced. (hugsss)
    As for me, I'm struggling with healthy choices because currently there are not many good options in the pantry. It's mostly white starches or processed foods. I won't be able to go get some healthy food until the 20th of this month. Can't wait to stock up on veggies and fruits. Any suggestions of must haves? I am looking for breakfast and lunch items in particular. I need something that's easy to cook/pack yet filling with a healthy punch (less starch, more protein).
  • rachypompa
    Options
    Well after having said that ... I'm now up in the middle of the night feeling unwell because it's my time of the month. Experience tells me that I will most likely have gained this week, but as long as I stick to my diet I'll make it up next week. Ah welll ....

Steph - My must haves for lunch and sometimes breakfast are eggs. If I have an egg for breakfast I eat much less morning tea, and similarly, if I have an egg for lunch I have much less afternoon tea. My other must have would be carrots, because I'm a muncher. Sometimes I just want to eat, but not because I'm hungry, in past I'd have a bit of whatever took my fancy from the cupboard, but now when I get that I have a raw carrot!

Hope that helps, and that I feel well enough to go to sleep soon!
  • chiliflea
    Options
    Rach - hope you feel better soon... Us women are all gonna have the TOTM weight on to contend with....

Can't help on the brekkie items really sorry Steph - I'm on slim fast so I just have either a meal replacement bar or a shake for my breakfast...

Looking forward to weigh in this week... Haven't even done a little sneaky weigh in this week so it really will be a surprise (good OR bad) on Wednesday!
  • Hannastyrbjorn
    Options
    I sneak peak every sunday since thats my ordinary weigh in day. Looks kinda good but hopefully it'll be moving even further down till wednesday... Good luck and keep on shinking folks :)
  • chiliflea
    Options
    I sneak peak every sunday since thats my ordinary weigh in day. Looks kinda good but hopefully it'll be moving even further down till wednesday... Good luck and keep on shinking folks :)

I had a sneaky peak this morning for another challenge i'm doing - so today I'm 290.8lbs... Hope to shift a bit more by wednesday...
    Is Texas still with us? Haven't seen her online for a while!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Getting nervous, weigh in for me in 24hours.
  • rachypompa
    Options
    Gained 1lb this week, so weighing in at 206lb or 93.6kg. I've eaten under my calories all week, and done exercise 5 out of 7 days, but TOTM arrived, so I'm assuming that's the reason for the gain, and will be expecting a double loss next week.

What is it with not losing or gaining around TOTM? Is it water retention?

I used my heart rate monitor yesterday and found that the estimate for calories from exercise on here isn't too far out, it is slightly over, but not massively. I will carry on using my heart rate monitor though. The calories burned estimate from the runkeeper app I use on my phone was much higher, but I still like seeing the map of where I've run from that so I'll carry on using that and my heart rate monitor.

I'm not feeling disheartened about my gain, which is great as that's usually where my diets end ... small gain, lose heart, can't be bothered, but ... I'm staying focused, this time I'm really going to do it.

Happy weigh ins for everyone :love:

Rachy
    x
  • chiliflea
    Options
    Gained 1lb this week, so weighing in at 206lb or 93.6kg. I've eaten under my calories all week, and done exercise 5 out of 7 days, but TOTM arrived, so I'm assuming that's the reason for the gain, and will be expecting a double loss next week.

What is it with not losing or gaining around TOTM? Is it water retention?

I used my heart rate monitor yesterday and found that the estimate for calories from exercise on here isn't too far out, it is slightly over, but not massively. I will carry on using my heart rate monitor though. The calories burned estimate from the runkeeper app I use on my phone was much higher, but I still like seeing the map of where I've run from that so I'll carry on using that and my heart rate monitor.

I'm not feeling disheartened about my gain, which is great as that's usually where my diets end ... small gain, lose heart, can't be bothered, but ... I'm staying focused, this time I'm really going to do it.

Happy weigh ins for everyone :love:

Rachy
    x

I think it is water retention around TOTM... This article I found may help?

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/weight-gain-during-period.html

Some of the group have paired up for another challenge this week - so jointly burn 7000 calories... so that 3500 each.. If you'd like to join - pop over to the march 20th mini challenge thread?

ooo just noticed you're already in! Sorry!

xx
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Whew, weighed in at 103.5kgs (228lbs) . thats a total lost so far of 7lbs.
    Yes TOTM is cruel for weight lost. But you will have a great lost next week, and its good that mentally you are stronger and able to cope with it. I think its most important for us all to grow stronger in mind which will be our greatest assest to weight lost. :flowerforyou:
  • MSTHICKNESSTOO
    Options
    i THINK YOU HAVE ENOUGH OR HAVE PASSED 25 BUT IS YOU HAVE RROM COUNT ME IN
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Early weigh-in for me because I do not have internet at home! :sad:

Last week: 326.4
    This week: 324.2

:drinker:
  • VezNo1
    VezNo1 Posts: 83
    Options
    bbwchallengechartfinalfirstdraft.jpg

FINAL CHART!!!
    Let's do this everyone!!!

OK sorry to say, for today's weigh in is megre, not sure why, although I think 1200 cals per day might be to high for me, given my job is desk based and I work from home.
    Will spend some time looking at the diary today. A bit annoying so I am off out for a big stomp around the park to get those endorphins up!!
    Think I am going to need to change something, but don't want to get in to shakes or any meal replacement. On the one hand I am happy I am maintaining the stone I lost pre Christmas, but this is not enough and I still have some way to go. Any comments or feedback on my food diary would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

SW: 103.7 = 228lbs
    Last week: 228lbs
    This week: 227.92
  • rachypompa
    Options
    hmmm ... thanks for the link Claire. I am often under on my calcium, so I'll try and rectify that over the coming month, and see if that has any impact.
  • rachypompa
    Options
    Ooooh, and well done to the losers ... and stick at it to the gainers!