I think i broke my plateau!!

Options
2»

Replies

• my5ticdrag0n
    Options
    Does anyone know the science behind this??? I don't see how that would work.
  • barbsus1991
    barbsus1991 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i don't see how it could work the next day, but it does work long term. your'e body gets used to eating said amount of calories each day, and so your metabolism drops and your body uses less calories to do every day things. if you keep your metabolism on its toes, it keeps your metabolism high, and therefore burns more calories. ive been zig zagging 12 days now, broke through the plateau and i lost 7lbs in the first 9 days. i know that wont all of been fat, but it got the scales going down again. give it a try =]
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    it may not work for everyone like it worked for me. All i know is that i weighed myself a few days prior and boing back and forth between 172-174. I am always under my calorie goal and i workout pretty intensely 6 days week (ST cardio) and then i had that frozen yogurt and weighed myself the next morning and 168.4 came up. I weighed myself 3 times to make sure it just wasn't a glitch.

I like the idea of having different calorie goals on different days, i think i will try that!
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    Bumping!!!
  • agameoffate
    Options
    Congrats! I was stuck at the same weight for three weeks & was told to go off for one meal as well, so I did and at the next weigh in, I dropped 3 lbs. We'll take it, right?! Keep going strong!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!