I Need Help

Options
I'm struggling. I started dieting in Jan. I feel like it is so hard for the scale to move. I'm 5'7, and weight 155-157. I did weight watchers for since Jan 10, and lost from 161. Now I joined this a few days ago. I feel like it is so hard for me to go before 155. I need any suggestions out there please. I am still struggling with water and sweets. I eat sweets, but never above my cal count.:explode:

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5' 7" and currently am stuck at 156. I can't view your food diary but it seems you are aware of the sweets and water. Just focus on swapping one sweat for fruit once a day followed by a cup of water. Baby steps will get you to your final goal. Are you exercising, this may spark more weight loss? Just keep in mind that as your BMI gets lower, the weight comes off slower so it is really important to eat all of your net calories and drink lots of water! Good luck!
  • sharoncorina
    Options
    I feel your pain! I've been dieting since September and now am just stuck - I've tried upping my cal. count, lowering it, adding exercise, everything - and I'm just stuck.

If I were you, I'd really try to cut out the sweets and opt for fresh fruit if possible. One treat that I make for myself is baked apples - I just cut an apple up into little square pieces, put in a small baking dish, add a little water on the bottom, some cinnamon and sometimes other spices and a drizzle of sugar free syrup. Bake for about 30 minutes - yum - tastes like apple pie! Also, maybe you can try some of the 100 cal. cookie packs for when you really need something?

Best of luck to you - I know this is a struggle but it is worth it! Keep going!!!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Poor you! Don't lose heart

if you keep to your calorie count and eat your exercise calories YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT not in a straight line tho 2 lb a week every week doesn't exist good luck!
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I think we would really need to see your diary before we can make suggestions. But as I am sure you already know, I am going to tell you that you need need NEED to drink your water and you have to get over your sweet cravings. I am not sure what type of sweets you are eating but what I can tell you is that regardless of being at/under your calorie goals, if those calories are made up of bad/unhealthy foods you arent going to get the results you want.

Luckily I do not have a sweet tooth but there are other alternatives to craving that sweet tooth that would be good options. For instance Jello, fresh fruit (maybe with a little low cal whip topping), Fiber One 90 cal chocolate peanut butter bars (awesome - I eat these often for snacks), also check out the recipe section on here there is some good ideas for sweets.
  • danrenee
    Options
    Hang in there. I agree with the exercising. Maybe switch it up and do something different or add an extra 5 -10 minutes into a cardio routine that you do. Maybe try sugar free candy or gum to satisfy the sweet craving. You'll get there! :)
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I made my diet public. I know yesterday I had a cupcake, which was bad. I going to increase my water and fruit intake and see how it goes. I love 100 cal packs.