HRM problems. User error or a dud?

Options
Earlier this week I got an Oregon Scientific HRM with a strap. I have exercised five times with it so far. Every workout was done with the Wii Active 2.

When the Oregon works it matches almost exactly what the Active 2 HRM says for my heart rate. But I will be working hard I will glance down at my watch & it will say my heart rate is some crazy low number like 65. My resting heart rate is low 90's. Then it will take two or three minutes to get back up to where the Wii HRM says I am. ETA: this happens repeatedly in a 45 minute workout.

Obviously this effects what the Oregon says my calories burned are. I want to get this figured out before I take it on the road. I have the strap as tight as I can get it -- I mean when I take it off there are marks. I assume it is slipping off my heart & that is why the numbers are so crazy.

Any advice?

Replies

• JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's set at a % rather than your heart rate. I know that I changed my setting on my Polar to reflect a % rather then my actual heart rate.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Are you putting water on the sensors before fixing the chest strap? If not that mihgt be the problem.
  • Can75
    Can75 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    How much water is required on the sensors? I sprinkled them today, but maybe it was not enough. Let me tell you, about ten minutes into a workout, there is plenty of sweat to keep it wet. :laugh:
  • RachM
    RachM Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I run my HRM sensors under the tap until theyre soaked. Try that maybe?
  • Can75
    Can75 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I will try that. Thank you.