what is your favorite workout dvd?

Options
Hey guys..I'm looking for a dvd I can do on the weekends or at night to get a little extra in. I'm looking for a very good beginners pilates and maybe a cardio or something. Have you ever heard of the dallas cowboys cheerleaders dvds? I don't know how good it is. I do not like the jillian michaels, its very boring to me, I like to move fast and be on my toes throughout the video..thank u:))

Replies

• callmefor911
    callmefor911 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    not tried it.. cause I am challenged in that area.. but u look young I seen this dvd that was looked to me like ( for the lack of a better word) and I dont mean to offend .. stripper dancing.. it looked fun.. but I know me..
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    The best short cardio workout ever is Insanity Fast and Furious. 22 minutes of extreme cardio and strength body weight stuff.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Any of the Walk-At-Home videos by Leslie Sansone. :) They're fun and non-stop.
  • niresupernova
    Options
    This may be a bit cheesy, but I like the YRG DVD workout. I bought mine a few years ago and it is great cardio without jumping around all over the place. You use your own body as resistance in yoga poses that are much easier to contort yourself into. The program is from the former wrestler Diamond Dallas Page and YRG means Yoga for Regular Guys. I'm not a guy but it is great for me because I cannot do the new-age fancy yoga spirituality stuff. I just like the workout. http://www.yrgfitness.com/about/

Also, belly dancing tapes are amazing if you want to get more of a dance workout. If you have a significant other, they probably won't mind you learning the moves either!

I've also purchased Yoga Booty Ballet, but it is a longer DVD and I prefer the YRG over that. If you are feeling like rocking something a little more old-school and like dance, Paula Abdul's Get Up and Dance is pretty fun.

I probably overloaded you with choices, but good luck and HAVE FUN!!!
  • biddysaurus
    biddysaurus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I like the Self Magazine Abs dvd. :) It combines some yoga moves and pilates moves (all focused on core strength).
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    my favorite dvd is turbo jam's cardio party. it's really fun and moderate in intensity. it always give me a smile and it's also good for the abs. as for pilates, i got the 10 minute solution: rapid results pilates, and you can customize your workout. hope this helps!
  • fitag
    fitag Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    @hsinster : I just ordered my TJ package late last week. It looks like fun which is why I ordered them. How long have you been using them for? and how often? Have you seen good results from them? Im looking forward to using them.
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Im not a huge fan of workout dvds but i do really like bob harpers pure burn super strength dvd. Its not totally for beginners as its a pretty intense hour of circuit strength training but it can be modified by using lighter weights. :flowerforyou:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You should go to totalfitnessdvds.com or collagevideos.com and they have workouts by type and video clips!
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    @hsinster : I just ordered my TJ package late last week. It looks like fun which is why I ordered them. How long have you been using them for? and how often? Have you seen good results from them? Im looking forward to using them.

i've had turbo jam for over a year, but i admit, i'm not too consistent with turbo jam or any particular dvd. i have lots of workout dvds, plus i go to my gym for fun classes and sessions with my personal trainer.

because my heart has gotten used to high-intensity classes like zumba, turbo jam doesn't challenge me as much as it used to. last week, it didn't even get me to my target aerobic HR zone which starts at 137. but it's still lots of fun and i tend to go for it first. it's also hard to say how effective it's been, because my diet didn't change that much when i was using it. i really believe that diet is so much more important than exercise for losing weight. so my weight stayed about the same.

i do hope you have lots of fun with turbo jam tho! my favorite part about 'cardio party' is the wheel move - you'll see what i mean :)
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    Have a look at tracy anderson's dance cardio! Its so much fun and I burn close to 700 calories in an hour:) Its very high intensity though so if you have issues with your knees (lots of high impact moves), then maybe skip it. Her mat workout is also a great dvd, not cardio, but more of a barre/pilates type workout. Even that burns 400 calories in an hour though, so it could count as cardio to:)

By far, any of her dvd's are my absolute favorite workout dvds, and they definitely deliver results!
  • nbnichols1
    Options
    i love Love kim kardashians fit into your jeans by friday dvd. its 20 sih mins and the lunges kick butt haha. its great not really anything needed and is good for quickish workout. you just may have to tune kim out:)
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Mari Winsor for pilates.
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Try the Zumba DVD... It's a ton of fun and you feel sexy. LOL I find Turbo Jam too hard on my knees. Have fun!
  • ElianeSweety
    Options
    Leslie Sansone will do!!!
    I love it! AndI go even faster then she. :-)
  • STEELMAN47
    Options
    I prefer INSANITY PURE CARDIO , 38 minutes is all it takes
  • fitag
    fitag Posts: 75 Member
    Options

i've had turbo jam for over a year, but i admit, i'm not too consistent with turbo jam or any particular dvd. i have lots of workout dvds, plus i go to my gym for fun classes and sessions with my personal trainer.

because my heart has gotten used to high-intensity classes like zumba, turbo jam doesn't challenge me as much as it used to. last week, it didn't even get me to my target aerobic HR zone which starts at 137. but it's still lots of fun and i tend to go for it first. it's also hard to say how effective it's been, because my diet didn't change that much when i was using it. i really believe that diet is so much more important than exercise for losing weight. so my weight stayed about the same.

i do hope you have lots of fun with turbo jam tho! my favorite part about 'cardio party' is the wheel move - you'll see what i mean :)

Hi,
    wow! im surprised that you said TJ doesnt challenge you ask much. I thought from watching the infomercials that it was hard. I guess I will just wait and see. I just did more googling and found more Chalene Johnson programs. So now Im thinking what else do I get or shall I get it later. There's only so much you can do in a week! I might end up being paralysed with too much choice!
    Thanks for your thoughts. Im looking forward to using the dvds, as I have always been a group fitness class / gym person and never really used exercise dvds.
    Cheers :)
  • kellsw
    Options
    Have a look at tracy anderson's dance cardio! Its so much fun and I burn close to 700 calories in an hour:) Its very high intensity though so if you have issues with your knees (lots of high impact moves), then maybe skip it. Her mat workout is also a great dvd, not cardio, but more of a barre/pilates type workout. Even that burns 400 calories in an hour though, so it could count as cardio to:)

By far, any of her dvd's are my absolute favorite workout dvds, and they definitely deliver results!

Hi Jenstero, I just started doing the Tracy Anderson method and wondered how you came up with the 700/calories in an hour. Do you have one of those bodybugg things? I have been wondering how to enter this into my diary. I have just been putting it under cardio as "aerobics", but am not sure this is the best/accurate way to do it...
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    any of the jillian michaels fitness dvds. I absolutely love her!! her workouts are all very good and def keep things intense and keep your heart rate up there. they def are not a waste of time. so any of hers and also bob harpers new inside out method dvd series are great as well! I like his cardio Rev one and pure burn super strength. I pretty much only go by those fitness dvds. they are no joke ;) I also just bought jackie werner extreme timesaver straining, which is cardio & strength in one 30min workout and its def a good workout as well. def feel the burn after that one! any of them are great and are my go-to's
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    timesaver *training*