Oh wait, that last one belongs to a different group of addiction :wink:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    umm probably my sweet tooth. Love the sweets!!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    my biggest problem is the "availability" of crap. I drive by at least 5 fast food places on my way to work every day, and every time, without fail, I get angry as I go by. Trust me, McDonnalds knows how bad for you it's fries are! They don't care. I don't necessarilly care that they know, but I wish the government would do the same thing with them that they do with cigarettes! Put big warning labels on them.

"WARNING: this food contains partially hydroginated oils! These oils are mainly saturated fats that can clog arteries, increase the chances of elevated levels of arterial plaque, and can increase the formation of corinary heart disease and stroke, along with other metabolic traumas! IF YOU EAT THIS DAILY, DEATH IS A COMMIN FOR YOU!"

OK maybe not the last sentance, but the rest would be nice!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    my biggest problem is the "availability" of crap. I drive by at least 5 fast food places on my way to work every day, and every time, without fail, I get angry as I go by. Trust me, McDonnalds knows how bad for you it's fries are! They don't care. I don't necessarilly care that they know, but I wish the government would do the same thing with them that they do with cigarettes! Put big warning labels on them.

"WARNING: this food contains partially hydroginated oils! These oils are mainly saturated fats that can clog arteries, increase the chances of elevated levels of arterial plaque, and can increase the formation of corinary heart disease and stroke, along with other metabolic traumas! IF YOU EAT THIS DAILY, DEATH IS A COMMIN FOR YOU!"

OK maybe not the last sentance, but the rest would be nice!

Banks, maybe something like this might get the point across---

evil_ronald_mcdonald.jpg
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, in my history of losing weight the WRONG way...my biggest problem was impatience! Trying to rush it and do it in an unhealthy way. Also, viewing it as a "diet" instead of changing my lifestyle. And, I would not eat enough...at all!

NOW, doing this the right way and changing my lifestyle.......I feel pretty in control and don't really have any major issues. BUT, I would say eating out is my biggest problem. Thankfully, I have learned about proper portions over the last few months, but it is still only guesstimating.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    i love food.

Love it. Love it. Love it!! Love the taste, love all kinds of food, love socializing over food and drinks, love comfort food, love it all.

ditto.... a million times again....
    :flowerforyou:

I can't say it any better
  • misspamyla
    misspamyla Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    :ohwell:
    My biggest problem dieting is actually paying attention to what I'm eating. I come from a family of 'grazers'. We've all done it for years...from Grandma having to always have a cookie with her tea, to Mom with her before bed snacks...or picking at the cookie package.....to me who finds the most challenging part of this keeping an honest journal of everything that goes in. I guess it's being 'present' and 'engaged' in the moment and to really actually taste food I eat. Most of the time, things go in, I don't pay much attention. Like watching tv requires something to snack on. Before I know it, the show's over and I'm done a bag of chips. Did I even taste them? Probably not. That's what gets me.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    i love food.

Love it. Love it. Love it!! Love the taste, love all kinds of food, love socializing over food and drinks, love comfort food, love it all.

ditto.... a million times again....

I can't say it any better
    Yep! Same here! LOL! I love to cook too!! And try new things. :)
  • kimarm
    kimarm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I find that I'll pick at the foods I'm using to prepare meals, lunches, etc. It's completely mindless and when I catch myself, I stop. But then again, that's usually after I've spread the leftover PB from the knife onto the bread end "just to get rid of it".... :smile:

86316.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    sweets and the fact that I like to bake!

And, I guess I"m not very good at portion sizes. I have really have to force myself to count/measure amounts.