PIZZA!! :)

Options
Sooo I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE pizza. It's one of my favorite foods. BUT it's definetly not good for me. Anyone know of any healthy alternatives?? or SOMETHINGGG lol

Replies

• Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Yup! make little mini pizzas, but instead of crust use eggplant slices :D
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I recently found a recipe that says to use a wrap as a base instead of the usual kind of pizza base. Then add your pizza sauce and whatever toppings you like! The recipe said to stick the wrap in between a couple of bits of kitchen roll and heat up in the microwave for a couple of minutes, add toppings, then back in the microwave for another couple of minutes, but I think it's better to do in the oven!
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i had a pizza fit last month, I got a pizza, just cheese :) and i fit it into my calories, I don't think I went over one of those days, it lasted me 5 meals I think.

IMHO, a diet where you set yourself up not able to have something you really like, is a diet setting yourself up for failure, everything in moderation :) We may be going out for chinese tonite, I will enjoy it, and with my exercise for today, the only thing I need to worry about is the sodium content :P
  • thereisnosteve
    thereisnosteve Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the pizza on a whole wheat wrap as mentioned before to meet my pizza needs. It's good, tasty and easy. Highly recommended.
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I get pizza, I just get thin crust instead of deep dish!
  • nkteach
    Options
    We use kangaroo pita pockets sliced in 1/2. 1 tablespoon of sauce, a pinch of low fat mozz cheese, veggies and if you want pepperoni use like 3 slices. I usually will have 2 of these for dinner. They take the pizza cravings away for sure!
  • ladysvs
    Options
    Yup! make little mini pizzas, but instead of crust use eggplant slices :D

Good idea!
  • a2canadian
    Options
    pasta sauce, cheese, peperoni, etc. on polenta rounds... om nom nom
  • Casey114
    Options
    I'm a diabetic and carbs are not my friend... my dietian told me about FlatOuts, very similar to a wrap but with more fiber. I purchased the Italian Herb variety, and made a Ham and Pineapple Pizza from a recipe on their website. It was very good. I actually made more after that and reheated them for lunch at work in the toaster oven... Good luck!
  • juliana1977
    juliana1977 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the pizza on a whole wheat wrap as mentioned before to meet my pizza needs. It's good, tasty and easy. Highly recommended.

Yes! It is very good indeed!! I also use pita bread (Joseph's pita bread is great and only has 66 calories) and 2% cheese. I cant stand fat free cheese. Oh and I got a recipe here for a cauliflower pizza crust - http://www.examiner.com/low-carb-in-national/cauliflower-pizza-crust-worth-its-wow-gold - it is pretty good and healthy too and my kids really liked!
  • k8smama
    Options
    Try making a mini pizza on an english muffing.... one english muffin, cut in half, toasted. Top with sauce, cheese, and turkey pepperoni, microwave for about a minute to melt the cheese. You can also use half a pita for the crust, warm it first in the oven, top with sauce and cheese, then back inthe oven till the cheese is melted. Or, order a pizza, thin crust and load it up with veggies.
  • SweatinSammie
    Options
    I JUST got done eating pizza for dinner. Whole wheat pizza crust, 1 and 1/3 cup of 2% mozzarella and tons of veggies (I just don't add the sauce cuz I dont like it): 1/12th of a 16 inch pie is about 188 cals
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Boston Pizza has a veggie pizza on a thin multigrain crust, its really good and not horriable for you!!, My mother-in-law also order a thin crust with sauce, veggies, and feta cheese instead of mozza and its ok for calories too
  • lEEAVii20
    lEEAVii20 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great ideas..Thanks all :)
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Papa Murphey's Delite pizzas are also pretty good for you calories and nutrition wise and taste delicious!
  • my8kidsmom
    my8kidsmom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I own a pizza restaurant and we offer a wheat crust, then 1/2 the cheese and veggies :)
  • dmkaiser83
    Options
    little ceasar's pizza is only 230 calories per slice. in my opinion it's all about moderation. eat what you want, just don't over do it!
  • jen31889
    jen31889 Posts: 121
    Options
    Lean cuisine is only about 320 calories for cheese. I think weight watchers smart ones is 380 for cheese.