Females: How do you deal with (Time of Month) eating habits?

Options
I am finding it really hard this month to curb those cravings and control my eating. What's your routine during that TOM?

Replies

• jessyjade22
    Options
    I find a healthy low calorie food that I really like and pig out on that. For me, it's brocoli and cheese. I can eat a bag of it and it will only be one or two hundred calories.
  • loriefolk
    Options
    I find a healthy low calorie food that I really like and pig out on that. For me, it's brocoli and cheese. I can eat a bag of it and it will only be one or two hundred calories.

Great idea! I love broccoli and cheese!
  • lindainak
    Options
    Menopause! I do not miss the PMS cravings. They were the worse!
  • loriefolk
    Options
    Menopause! I do not miss the PMS cravings. They were the worse!

*sigh* You had to chime in with your wonderful life of no PMS didn't you! ;)
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Baby bell light cheese and pita chips with hummus,
  • brandi2882
    Options
    I have the same problem...I crave candy like crazy. I've traded the candy in for fruit. Although sometimes I still feel like I'm starving, I've realized its just a craving and I don't actually need to eat something else. Good luck!
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I cut myself a little slack. The skinny cow fudge bars are great for chocolate cravings and only 100 calories. I have the 100 calorie packs of popcorn for when I want something salty. Last week I went over my calories 3 days I think by a couple hundred each time but this week I'm back on track so I'm not too worried about it.
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    I normally don't have that issue. But this month.. yeah I was hungry and i couldn't get enough chocolate. :noway: but it only lasted one day and i still managed to stay under my calorie goal. *phew* Yep those skinny cow choc ice creams are a life saver!
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I sometimes just go with my cravings if I really feel pain for foregoing a chocolate chip cookie (my favorite.) I am pretty good at other times so I justify one or two. But once the painful cravings are gone, I totally turn up my nose again that type of food. Got to save myself for those times.

Also eating cucumbers, asparagus, celery, are foods that help vanish the bloat.
  • Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I eat one bar of the ritter sport, dark with whole hazelnuts every month religiously. They are decent in calories and that's my treat. The rest of the time during monthly I'm not very hungry so I eat soups and liquids (low sodium veggie brother etc) because I find it very hard to drink water feeling all boated etc.