my very own happy dance this weekend!!

Options
jude666
jude666 Posts: 231 Member
I thought i'd share with you all a minor success of mine I had at the weekend - well 2-3 actually!

1st - I usually swim at the weekends when I have more time, but I wasn't able to last week due to other commitments and a back injury. So, this weekend was the first time in a couple of weeks that i had put my swimming costume on. And it felt different, i couldn't work it out until I turned around. low and behold - my swimming costume was actually sagging round my bum (not in a really gross way though!) it was actually hanging off me! It fitted the best I think it has ever fitted and my legs were noticeably more toned!

2nd - I'm taking part in a murder mystery tour with my drama group, starts next week. We had our second dress rehearsal last night. We had a dress rehearsal at the beginning of January when I hadn't really started taking my exercise seriously. I'm playing a pop star who is sent to a health farm for rehab. Anyway, my costume is a little black lacey dress, knee high boots and a leather jacket. The first time I tried the costume on, i thought Hmmm yeah ok, it'll do. BUT i tried it on last night and PHWOAR!!!!! if i do say so myself! My legs look like they've grown longer, i don't have to keep pulling the dress down all the time as it doesn't rise up and it just looks, generally, a lot lot better. A member of the cast said to me "wow you look great - is that the same dress you wore before?" i said "yes, it definitley is" and she said "it looks different for some reason, really really nice".

AND 3rdly!! The leather jacket is actually one i am borrowing from my mum - straight out of the 70's. Now, i could do the zip up before but not comfortably and it didn't look good AT ALL! Anyway, I was just fiddling in front of the mirror getting ready yesterday and - whoop! I managed to do the zip all the way up AND it looked pretty damn good. My waist looked tiny and I could breath and everything!!! :laugh:

So, although I haven't lost a huge amount of weight so far - I am starting to notice the differences in my body. I feel and looked more toned and just a better shape in general. My husband said he could definitely see and feel a difference in my belly and my bum is most definitely smaller - SOOOOOOO this is why i have been doing many, many happy dancing this weekend!!!!

.....I thought i'd share this with you as i'm sure you guys know how it feels! I am hoping for many more moments like these!! - thanks for reading xx :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!! :smile:

I am finding the clothes thing more rewarding that the lbs lost!! lol

its a great feeling and it helps remind you that what you are doing is working.

Keep up the good work!

Ben
  • mgnny12816
    Options
    YAY, those things always make me feel great. Great job!!!!
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Options
    Good job, girlfriend! Thank you for sharing!
  • Walorie
    Options
    That is awesome...I love that my clothes are starting to hang a little too...I think that gives me more of a boost than my weekly weigh in! WooHoo...we rock!!!:bigsmile:
  • martynepugh
    Options
    great to hear that, fitting back into clothes or finding that things are starting to get baggy is a great feeling. I have managed to fit into a size 38" pair of jeans for the first time in about 15years so I can understand how good you are feeling :smile:

I am hoping to start learning how to dance at the end of the month which I think will be a lot of fun. When I have been on this forum for a little while I might post up my before and after photos, want to get to know a few of you first though :smile:
  • martynepugh
    Options
    I love the qote at the bottom of your page Ben, "Do or do not, there is no try" says it all really
    Fantastic!!!! :smile:

I am finding the clothes thing more rewarding that the lbs lost!! lol

its a great feeling and it helps remind you that what you are doing is working.

Keep up the good work!

Ben
  • TappiGabi
    TappiGabi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I find the non-scale victories are more rewarding than the scale ones! Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!