100 Hundred Pushups Sept 1st

Options

Replies

• FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'll keep checking in as well...most recent was Wed...Week 2 - Day 2...performed it from plank to a tee but it was real difficult for me...got sidetracked by boyfriend on Day 3...plan to perform Week 2 agin from the beginning starting this Monday!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Pups!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    OK - week2-day3:

That's 50 plank-style pushups! :bigsmile: I think I should be able to move on to week 3 now, though I may drop from the middle column down to the left one. But I will wait until Monday morning to do my test so I am nice and rested, and then will go ahead and start week 3 (I hope) Monday night. Should we keep posting here, or make a new thread every week?

I just want to say that it is really inspiring to have you guys working on this challenge with me. It keeps me motivated to continue and not give up. Plus, I never would have even started if it weren't for you! :love:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Way to go CP! 50 Plank style! Very cool!
    Glad to see you again fat dancer! Since there's not too many of us left we can keep posting here if you like, since we probably have it saved in My Topics. Tomorrow morning I start week 5. I hope I can do it. If I am struggling too much I may drop to knees when I can't do plank and just do it over again net week. But I may surprise myself. I'll check in tomorrow!
    Melissa
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Howdy! Welcome to...week 9? I lost count. I am however on week five and all I can say is OOWWWWW!!!! I did 126 plank style push ups! I didn't think I had it in me! Let me tell you my arms are shaking and I don't think I could lift a glass of water right now! OW!
    I'm starting to get some nice tricep muscles though...that's where it's hurting the most right now. It's not really pain but it's definitely tight and letting me know that it was worked!
    Come on Fat Dancer, CP, and Lavender! We can do this! No way in week 1 would I have thought I would be able to do 126 (even non-consecutive) push ups in a day! My husband shakes his head in amazement. It may be a few weeks before I do one hundred, but I WILL DO IT! So can you!
    Don't forget to post this week! I want to see how you all are doing!
    Melissa
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Melissa: what is a plank style pushup? Does that mean boy pushups or girl pushups???
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Boy push ups I guess. I'm not on my knees in other words. :smile:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Pups I am still here with you and doing Week 6 - Day 2 - Modified on knees

1&2--22 Pushups
    3&4--20 Pushups
    5&6--17 Pushups
    7&8--15 Pushups
    9----42 Pushups Rest btwn sets for 45 secs.

Reflection: I can see how we get stronger and build muscle even when we are at rest. Day 1 of this week was soooo hard that it made this next session easier. Truth be told I did NO PUSHUPS all weekend and then I was able to accomplish this session. Seems wierd huh?!

Anyway I have read the boards and see familiar faces making alot of progress. Although it doesn't take lots of time to do these pushups...it does take guts and alot of :heart: to keep going no matter what!! :happy:

I am proud to be a PUP...'cause of YOU!! We are doin this PUPS...nothing can stop us!! :wink:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
    Mi
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Right on, Lavender! You guys are my motivation to keep going! Well besides these nice guns I'm getting.:laugh: Way to go on your week 6 day 2 Lav! You're doing great!
    This really does take guts, literally and figuratively! I had no idea how much I would be using my abs to perform push ups. I'm noticing my abs in a lot more of the things I do now.
    This plan can seem so intimidating to someone just starting or someone entering week 5. lol You may think I will never be able to do 35 at one time or even 20 at one time but this program builds you up and you can and will get there if you stick with it!
    Does anyone have plans for what to do next after you reach 100? I plan to keep doing something, probably 100 3x a week for a while. Maybe I will shoot for 200 eventually! Gotta make it to 100 first. lol
    Way to go PUPS! I am so proud of you guys for sticking it out!
    Mel
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    helllo everbody im going for 200 a day just did 175 feeling pretty good :happy: . tomorrow go for 200 which means 1000 push ups for the week :devil:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Way to go eriny! I hope to be there one day! :happy:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Wow, way to go everybody! Mi and Mel - you guys are awesome. I didn't get enough sleep last night due to getting called in from work, so all I did today was my end of week 2 test. I managed 16, so that is enough to move on to week 3. I will start either tomorrow or Wednesday. Melissa, I haven't even started thinking about what I'll do AFTER I get to 100 - it still seems a long way away! But seeing you guys making such good progress is so encouraging. Keep it up! :drinker:
  • eriny
    Options
    9/9/8 first 100 out of the way whew next 100 little later = 200 goal 1000 for week (mon 200 done )
  • eriny
    Options
    lunch time 50 done 50 left :smile:
  • eriny
    Options
    done 200 for 9-9-8 600 left :drinker:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Whew! Just finished Week 3-Day 1-left column-plank style. That was tough - 65 in all!
    16 (minimum 15)

I took longer than 60 seconds before the last set (maybe 2-3 minutes) because I knew I wouldn't be able to do 15 otherwise. But I am really proud that I was able to do 16 after all those other ones - 16 was the most that I have ever managed before! My arms are a little shaky now.....
  • eriny
    Options
    is this 100 a week or day
  • cp005e
    Options
    eriny - we are doing the challenge from http://hundredpushups.com, which is to work up to being able to do 100 consecutive pushups. It is theoretically a six-week program, but most of us have had to repeat certain days or weeks.
  • eriny
    Options
    thank you for the info mine are not consecutive 200 but 4 sets of 50 hope that still counts :smile:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    CP way to go on getting to 16 consecutive push ups and being able to accomplish week 3 day 1! Awesome! See? You are getting stronger! Makes you feel pretty good right? :tongue:
    Today was day 2 of week 5. I wasn't sure if this was going to seem easier or harder today. At first I thought it wouldn't be too bad but by set 4 my arms were shaking!
    1&2:15
    3&4:14
    5&6:12
    7:10
    8:30 (min 30)
    I had to break 2 or so minutes before the last set because I knew I wouldn't make it through if I didn't. I may have been able to do one or two more but I would have been compromising my posture for it.
    Whew! I'm just glad I made it through!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Just to give y'all some encouragement...to show you how well you are doing.

I tried to do a push up yesterday and ended up taking a nap right there! :laugh: :laugh:

You guys are awsome!:heart::heart: