Superbowl Sunday

Options
Anyone that looks at my food journal can see that Sunday is normally the day that I eat the most food. Mostly when I exercise I eat about 1/2 of those calories. Well even though most people wouldn't call it a success, I only went over by 250 calories. Now keep in mind that I went to a superbowl party and I tried all of the snacks and such, on a normal day to day basis I would not have allowed myself to eat any of the things on the list because when the old me would go on a diet, and the old me would have a cheat day, that person would continue the cheat day for several days afterwards. It was a complete downward spiral. Lucky for me, That I am no longer that person. The new me allowed myself 2 8oz sodas and several snacks and some gumbo, but all in super super small portions (or rather small portions compared to what the old me and everyone else was eating). Whats amazing is this morning when I woke up, its business as usual. Which lets me know that I have accomplished in destroying some of my bad habits!

Another small victory is that I noticed yesterday morning that for a couple of days I hadn't really been HUNGRY. I had to practically force myself to eat, and someone pointed out that it could be stress, then it dawned on me that I hadn't been eating when I was stressed any more. I am a comfort eater and for me to notice that not only was I not snacking 24-7 when I was stressed, I was actually only eating food when scheduled is a freaking miracle.

And so, 2 pats on my back, and you can grill me if you want. LOL.

Replies

• rdy2begin
    Options
    Awesome !!! WTG !!! You should be proud ...:)
  • Rachaely
    Rachaely Posts: 113
    Options
    I felt the same way about yesterday's festivities. Unfortunately for me though, we held the party so the leftovers are still looming over my head!

Congrats - it's a good feeling! Every small victory counts :)
  • chrish1981
    Options
    :smile: Good for you!!

I went completely crazy yesterday, but I know I've changed because I eat good most of the week and allow myself a little pig-out session every now and then versus 5 times a week.

And not to mention now when I eat like that, I don't feel well for the rest of the night, so it acts as a deterrent!
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    That's pretty awesome. I'm noticing some of the same things about myself. c:
  • Paccie
    Paccie Posts: 47
    Options
    Awesome Job!!! It could have been worse so glad u handled it well.
  • ErinJ1981
    Options
    I saw you had boudin and automatically knew you were from Louisiana! =)
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way about yesterday's festivities. Unfortunately for me though, we held the party so the leftovers are still looming over my head!

Congrats - it's a good feeling! Every small victory counts :)

Ditto!! I made a point of balancing the raw veggies with the chips and crackers. Having just a taste of each new food that our friends brought left me feeling satisfied, but not stuffed. And now, we have leftovers for the rest of the week.
  • helenamonks
    Options
    I saw you had boudin and automatically knew you were from Louisiana! =)

Yes m'am, Welsh, LA as a matter of fact. Not many people even know what boudin is, I was shocked to see it in the database!
  • ErinJ1981
    Options
    Oh yeah!! I love me some boudin!! I'm not too sure where Welsh is, but we get ours from the Best Stop in Lafayette. =)
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I was shocked at myself yesterday too. My dad grilled about 30 steaks (for the four of us) and got mad because I only ate 6 ounces! I used to load half a plate with steak, cover it in A-1 sauce, and then load up on potatoes, macaroni, and fried shrimp. Then I would go back for more steak and eat so much I would literally be sick. But yesterday I ate (most of) the potato and 6 ounces of steak and felt full! too full! Feels good! (even if my dad was upset!)
  • beckijtn
    Options
    Great job!!! I splurged with a big ole' cheeseburger at 5pm in lieu of "grazing" during the game. Even though I consumed most of my daily calories (I went over a bit) in that one meal, the only thing I had during the game was a bag of 100 cal popcorn. And it was back to "biz as usual" for me this morning as well.
  • helenamonks
    Options
    Oh yeah!! I love me some boudin!! I'm not too sure where Welsh is, but we get ours from the Best Stop in Lafayette. =)

OMG the people that brought the boudin got it from Best Stop!!! Thats like almost neighbor worthy :)

Oh, and Welsh is like 45 mins west of Laffy.

And it was the best boudin I've ever eaten ever. LOL
  • lbissett79
    lbissett79 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I agree you did a good job yesterday considering we are privy to the greatest food in this country. I just want to know how you could want to eat that many beanie weenies when the boudin was right there. lol
  • tnbowers1
    tnbowers1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You should be proud. I can't wait until I get to that point! How long did it take you to get to that level?
  • v1k1n95
    Options
    You're doing fine :) It's alright to go over a bit on a special occasions (however yesterday was not because the Packers won). Haha. Just get back on track and keep it up.

Might I suggest Quaker Oatmeal for breakfast? I used to hate the stuff because it lacked flavor, however, if you microwave it with the proper amount of milk and oats on the can and add 2 tsp of brown sugar, its FLAMING AWESOME in the morning. And only 290 calories and will keep you from feeling hungry until at least noon.

Good Luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!