WW Convert

Options
Howdy everyone! My name is Jeff, and I am just starting MFP today. Over the new year I started Weight Watchers and found that the meetings were really woman driven and that they just didn't do it for me. So, I am re-discovering this site and trying to use it for what it is worth.
I know that it is not "safe" per say to lose more than 2 lbs a week, but that just seems way slow to me. Ugh. I guess it is better to do it right and slow, than fast and gain it back.

Best of luck to everyone.

Replies

• metajess
    Options
    I really loved my WW meetings, but i cant afford them now and they changed the program to count carbs and not calories. i decided i would used MFP to count calories on my own instead of paying for a program that doesn't really work for me now. good luck!
  • larsonp
    larsonp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to lose more than 2 pounds a week, you'd better be consulting with a doctor regularly. That is extreme weight loss.

Losing weight permanently and adjusting your lifestyle to something that you'll be able to maintain over the long term takes time. Deal with it.
  • jlewis1981
    Options
    Wow. I suppose I will just "Deal with it" larsonp.