Almond Milk

Options
Can anyone tell me how it tastes? I want to purchase it but I'm not sure if I should try the original or vanilla. I'm wondering if the original has a nutty flavor or does it actually taste similar to regular milk?

Replies

• Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Ummm it doesn't taste anything like regular milk. It tastes a little nutty. I always go for the vanilla just cause I'm a big chicken on having it plain.

I did go from Regular Milk to Soy and then tried almond from there so my taste had already changed. Try it...just don't expect it to taste like milk.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    I LOVE almond milk. I actually like the unsweetened almond milk. Whether you choose sweetened or unsweetened, it's better than cow milk. Also, try coconut milk...that too is really good.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    it doesn't have that sweet flavor like regular whole milk. it's kind of bitter. it's a thicker substance so its not easy for me to eat cereal with. i usually just use it for oatmeal. if you are getting it to drink a glass everyday, or put in cereal, get the flavored one. or try soy.
  • arwsgirl
    arwsgirl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk. The vanilla is just too sweet for me so I stick with the original.
  • erawin2008
    Options
    I've had both original and vanilla. I like both about the same. Original des have a nutty taste. After all it is Almond Milk.
  • Bulgingbride
    Options
    I find almond milk quite sweet but I don't like sweet things so am quite sensitive to it. Depending on what you are having it in, you can also try oat or rice milk.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I *love* almond milk and won't go back to regular dairy milk. The vanilla is too sweet for me though. I like the plain kind.
  • CanongateRob
    CanongateRob Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I bought the vanilla almond milk, it was not good, had a strange after taste. Someone told me it would be good in coffee, but that was not the case either.
  • jennlee80
    Options
    I get the Unsweetened Vanilla one! I love it
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I used to drink regular cow's milk, then switched to soy, then tried rice milk and finally found almond milk! truly my favourite!