Ok.. this might be offensive but I am wondering...

Options
Still_Sossy
Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
Not to make a spectacle of this, please, but well this is hard to say (awkward), Ever since I started loosing weight I feel "more in the mood" than I have. Is it just me? I don't know if I am more comfortable with me, mind you my hubby has poked fun a little bit, but not cruel or anything. It has been a long time since I have been comfy with what I look like and I think that might have a whole lot to do with it. Like a previous post that was listed, I don't even need a sexy song anymore. lol. Seriously I am not looking for nasty stuff, I just wonder if this is an upside of loosing weight?

Replies

• v1k1n95
    Options
    Haha. I'm sure this one of the perks of losing weight. More weight loss = More energy = ...More in the Mood :)
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Firstly it isn't offensive to have a frank chat about increased libido among we adults!
    And yes, this is the upside from losing weight, being healthier, being strong. I'd say decreased libido is one of the tragic downsides to being overweight. Sex is part of our lust for life right?
    Enjoy, enjoy, you only have one life to live darling!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Liking yourself more means you are feeling like you are pleasing to him,think it is probably normal plus you may have more energy overall so it translates into more "ahem" desire. :drinker:
  • amandaagosh
    amandaagosh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Losing weight, being physical active releases endorphines that will put you in a better mood. When you are in a better mood,a nd you are feeling sexier and more healthy- of course you'll want to bang! Go at it and think of it as calories burned!
  • sarasotatim
    Options
    I agree, probably an energy thing.....whatever it is, take advantage! lol :)
  • AkBUTLER
    AkBUTLER Posts: 107
    Options
    Yes!! Ive noticed this especially since Ive increased my water intake, drink up!! :drinker:
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Medically proven that loss of weight increases the sex drive. Think about the good foods you are now enjoying, they all help that part of our bodies.. Physically and mentally improved,...
  • swillfae
    Options
    Not offensive at all. It's good that you ask that. but I agree with you. I'm in the mood more too. It's a good thing to feel better about yourself. when you eat well and exercise, then your whole body begins to feel better.. Good for you chickie..
  • cflexen
    Options
    I agree w/ Mrs.Mcfadden!! I too feel the same and its like the more weight you lose the better and more confident you feel!! I was just telling my Husband that I better not lose all this weight and get pregnant w/ baby#2....lol..but in all seriousness, its really normal and yes its sad that being over weight has a huge effect on our libido...
  • mrdowden
    Options
    My experience has been that as I lose weight and get more fit not only does it increase my libido, but that of my wife as well... Nice perks to a healthy lifestyle. :)
  • vero_1
    vero_1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think as you lose weight and start feeling better about your self you feel healthier and sexier. I know when I dont' have to keep trying to hide my "wobbly bits" (thank you Bridget Jones) I can actually enjoy the moment and become the sexy woman my hunny keeps telling me has been there all along! :wink:
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My partner and I are both losing weight, and are certainly enjoying each other even more than we used to. :wink:
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you're more confident, feel better, have more stamina, etc. that's all true. The other thing that is happening, if you're losing weight sensibly and with physical activity, is that you have more testosterone in your system, which is a good thing for women and men. This helps increase the libido when it is within healthy ranges. No, it isn't male levels of testosterone (and they have estrogen and progesterone, by the way), but it is more-healthy female levels, which is really great for things like getting slim and getting it going. So, enjoy!
  • Sweetiegrl
    Options
    I rememebr when I lost weight before how sexy and wonderful I felt! Now I feel like a big blob and have very little desire anymore... :0(....and I hate this feeling!! I want that "sexy" feeling again so....uh well, now I'm getting embarrased!! Ya'll get the picture! Thanks for this post....it is an imspiration to know that I will eventually get that "LOVING FEELING" again!!! Thanks!!!
  • hyoung3
    hyoung3 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yup... the testosterone changes are a by-product as kathield stated.... and it is a very good thing. Also, with exercise there may be increased blood flow to certain "special areas" that cause you to feel this way more often... again, a very good thing !!
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    I think feeling good about yourself has everything to do with your mood level. Good for you and your hubby.
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Not to make a spectacle of this, please, but well this is hard to say (awkward), Ever since I started loosing weight I feel "more in the mood" than I have. Is it just me? I don't know if I am more comfortable with me, mind you my hubby has poked fun a little bit, but not cruel or anything. It has been a long time since I have been comfy with what I look like and I think that might have a whole lot to do with it. Like a previous post that was listed, I don't even need a sexy song anymore. lol. Seriously I am not looking for nasty stuff, I just wonder if this is an upside of loosing weight?

I'm feeling the same way. I think my hubby likes it. I feel better, healthier, stronger, more confident. All this leads to feeling more frisky. :wink:
  • Still_Sossy
    Options
    Well then, I hope I can totally rock the bikini this summer, boy will my husband be exhausted! Lol! And the tip about the water, I will be like a camel. Thanks everyone!
  • tcorpo
    Options
    On top of the psychological benefits of looking better and feeling better about yourself which increases sex drive, if you are exercising and/or losing weight you are increasing blood circulation, metabolism, and the healthy flow of oxygen throughout your entire body, which all increases daily energy and libido.

Lot's of water is good but don't overdo it, too much and you will feel bloated, and could gain weight.
  • Still_Sossy
    Options
    On top of the psychological benefits of looking better and feeling better about yourself which increases sex drive, if you are exercising and/or losing weight you are increasing blood circulation, metabolism, and the healthy flow of oxygen throughout your entire body, which all increases daily energy and libido.

Lot's of water is good but don't overdo it, too much and you will feel bloated, and could gain weight.
    Really???? I drink 64oz. a day!!! I thought potentially sprouting gills was a good thing??