Stronger, Better, Faster Sept 7

Ahh, Sunday. Hopefully, my long walk day. Our garage door just busted (it was installed only a month ago), so hopefully they will come by and fix it so we leave the house at the same time.

Yesterday I did elliptical and walk/jog. I even had calories left at the end of the day. We went to a greasy spoon for dinner and the only veggie option was baked potato and iceberg salad (I no longer count grilled cheese as food). Reminds me of the good o' days when vegetarians everywhere at potatoes and iceberg any time they went out to eat. The silly waitress (after I was specific about wanting cheese/butter only on the side and no dressing for the salad), brought out cheese with bacon mixed in it. Gotta love Texas.

Happy workouts!

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Ahh, Sunday. Hopefully, my long walk day. Our garage door just busted (it was installed only a month ago), so hopefully they will come by and fix it so we leave the house at the same time.

Yesterday I did elliptical and walk/jog. I even had calories left at the end of the day. We went to a greasy spoon for dinner and the only veggie option was baked potato and iceberg salad (I no longer count grilled cheese as food). Reminds me of the good o' days when vegetarians everywhere at potatoes and iceberg any time they went out to eat. The silly waitress (after I was specific about wanting cheese/butter only on the side and no dressing for the salad), brought out cheese with bacon mixed in it. Gotta love Texas.

Happy workouts!

Mary
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Only in Texas does mac-n-cheese, mashed potatoes, and french fries count as a "veggie" on restaurant menus! :laugh:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Ha. I still occasionally count grilled cheese as food. Nothing like a 'family restaurant' moniker to let me know that I'll be ordering a baked potato or iceberg salad. Yay. It's actually kinda funny now when I go to a restaurant that has more than 1 vegetarian option on the menu - it's like I don't know what to do with myself. You mean, I don't have to order that one thing? I could order that other thing instead? Oh, the decisions! That's why picky eaters crack me up. :laugh: And I love how all my well-meaning friends and family go out of their way to point out that one veggie option to me. Thanks, guys! I'd certainly starve without ya! :tongue:

I did my pushups and shred last night, probably just shred today. Happy weekend! :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Today I'm taking the day off. I did walk to the store and back, but I don't even count that as exercise anymore.

I'm taking a "mental health day" to prepare for going back to school.

God help me, grilled cheese sounds like just the thing. So does mac and cheese. (this is probably the hormones talking):tongue: probably.

Happy workouts!:flowerforyou:

oh, and my verdict on kettlebells: super fun. But, you'll feel like you did something the next day. big time. (my shoulders and back are sore, I tell ya.)
  • What a picture perfect day here in NY! Son and I were both up early so we drove to the city, parked the truck and walked ALL OVER. It was nice and cool with a pleasant breeze. Then we went to three playgrounds. Perfect day.

Back to Turbo Jam tomorrow:grumble:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    I have raised my calories intake up to 1400. It seems to be working!! This morning i was down to 191lbs!! Almost at my 30lbs mark!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I just want to stay with in my calories.

Tomorrow Im heading out to visit family for about a week so I wont be around.. My goals are to control my eating, choose things well and work out when I can. Im really scared about doing well!! I dont need my weight going back up!! Luckily I know roughly how many cals are in what now so I can judge by that and stick to lots of fruit and veggies!!
  • I have had a very busy few days lately, and haven't been checking in. I have remained within my calories, but haven't had structured exercise since Thursday.

Today is...
    Shred Level 1
    Walk
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Ended up at the gym because of stress levels. I have to find another way to deal with stress!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Took the day off which I probably really didn't need but oh well. I didn't sleep well last night so I am really sleepy today.
    Yesterday I did push ups and I chased my son (and other kids) around at the birthday party. I don't think I burned that much but I did sweat a little! Back to it tomorrow. I will weigh in tomorrow and see where my weight is. I don't think I've lost anything. I will be dropping my calories again tomorrow...if the scale doesn't move. Maybe I'll just bounce back and forth every couple of weeks. :tongue:
    A lady at church did ask me if I've lost weight! Ha ha. I couldn't help but kind of laugh. I think it was just the clothes, but that was very sweet of her to say! Maybe it's because my shoulders are broadening due to push ups, so my hips look smaller. I'll take the compliment anyway!
    I'll get back on schedule tomorrow. See you then!
    Mel