Should I increase my calorie intake?

Options
I am going on day 16 of my diet and I am questioning if I am getting enough calories. I have my daily activity settings to "lightly active" but I am wondering if I should change it. I am a stay at home mom, taking care of a 7 month old. I am breastfeeding him 5-6 times a day so I add an extra 300 calories. I try my best to get work outs in (I play "Just Dance" on the Wii for 15-30 minutes every other day). I also do several household chores during the day, so I am certainly not sitting around a lot.

The problem is, it doesn't seem like my meals are keeping me full for very long. I feel satisfied for an hour or two and then I feel like I am starving again. I try to eat foods that are filling, but it doesn't seem to be working. Should I up my calorie intake? Any other stay at home moms have any advice for me?

Replies

• mtngoddess
    mtngoddess Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you're eating a lot of carbs. Your body burns carbs off pretty quickly. Try eating more protein and limit carbs. Without knowing your height/weight, etc., it's impossible to say whether your calorie count is right for you.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    protein fills you up better
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say when we don't know what your calorie goal is. Also, you should be logging any exercise you get outside of regular around the house stuff, and eating back the calories you burned in addition to your goal calories.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Are you losing weight more rapidly than your goal?
    Are you logging the breastfeeding as exercise? From what I've seen a few others posting, breastfeeding burns significant calories.
    What sorts of food are you eating? What exactly do you mean by "foods that are filling"?
    If you opened up your diary perhaps some people could take a look and give some opinions.