Hypothetical relationship question for the ladies...

Options

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    :quietly pulls pic off of Adult Friend Finder:
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Gosh,
    I'm not saying she isn't being stupid or rude or crossing the line. BUT I'm not going to assume she's looking for another relationship per se. As I said, she could just be looking for people to flirt with..
    Since- yes, dating sites would be the place you'd expect to FLIRT with the opposite sex and chat with them.
    I just don't think jumping to conclusions feet first is the right way to go about it.
  • brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm all for some harmless flirting...but that is kind of ridiculous. I was dating someone from January to September of last year and found an account like that with activity. He said the same thing, he was just 'chatting'. I think it's shady and shouldn't be tolerated, personally!
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Gosh,
    I'm not saying she isn't being stupid or rude or crossing the line. BUT I'm not going to assume she's looking for another relationship per se. As I said, she could just be looking for people to flirt with..
    Since- yes, dating sites would be the place you'd expect to FLIRT with the opposite sex and chat with them.
    I just don't think jumping to conclusions feet first is the right way to go about it.
    I thought that is why you "poke" someone in Facebook.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Gosh,

Firstly- I despise that function and I hate its name. lol
    Secondly- if this hypothetical woman wanted to flirt shamelessly and boost her ego- why would she bother with FB if she wanted it on the down low?
  • sarahTV
    sarahTV Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Gosh,

LOL, I just got 'poked' by a guy on facebook this morning...had no idea what that meant...
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not!

Sounds like you are not getting enough attention or fulfillment in your current relationship.

Karen
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's okay to "look for people to flirt with" when you are (supposed to be) in a happy, monogamous relationship with somebody. If you aren't happy in the relationship or aren't getting what you need (same thing?), either focus on your partner and work on the issues at hand, or get out of the relationship. I don't agree with looking outside of the relationship for flirtation to "cure boredom," especially on a dating site. If I had a boyfriend who was doing the same, he would not be my boyfriend for long.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Never! That's a sign of disrespect and possibly infildelity. If you are in a relationship there is no need to be looking for another one. If you want to meet new friends there are better places than match.com. If I was in a relationship and a guy did that to me...he'd be kicked to the curb. I've been cheated on one and I refuse to have it happen again. You're either in a relationship with one person or you're not. Flirting is harmless...but to seek out another relationship is not.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Ummmm....nope
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    NO, IMO that is just wrong...
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    If I had an account on a dating site and I started dating someone... I would delete my account.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Might not be fair to chat up people who are looking for a relationship if you aren't looking for one. I understand you wanted to show off your new self but you could be opening yourself up to temptation. How would your gf feel if she knew you were on the site? How would you feel if she were on the site? I don't think I'd like it much if I found my hubby on match.com.
  • EllyK09
    Options
    If I had an account on a dating site and I started dating someone... I would delete my account.

Exactly, don't you have to pay for access to that account? Should have been deleted the day this hypothetical couple became exclusive!
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Firstly- I despise that function and I hate its name. lol
    Your aversion for the word is probably why I get spooked every time I get "poked" by a guy.
  • lisapisa1
    Options
    Am I the only one that read this and thought....maybe it's him that wants to update his match.com account with newer pictures since he's on MFP getting into shape and prob looks better than before? So now he wants advice from the ladies to see if his girlfriend would get pissed about it. Think about it......
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I have to be honest and say that I have put my most attractive pictures on facebook (and who doesn't) but I think its more to say "hey, I'm doing good!" and I do enjoy the thought of old boyfriends seeing me (at least in my selfish opinion) looking "good". BUT, it is also clearly indicated who I am married to including many of his pictures.
    I would agree that facebook/myspace can be used to chit chat but a dating site is for... well...dating.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Am I the only one that read this and thought....maybe it's him that wants to update his match.com account with newer pictures since he's on MFP getting into shape and prob looks better than before? So now he wants advice from the ladies to see if his girlfriend would get pissed about it. Think about it......

LOL, probably, yes.

OP if you're doing that ..YOU BETTER NOT!
    I mean flirt with US not Match.com people ok? We're here for your support allrighty?
    (I jest, I jest)
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    In this hypothetical situation, the "bored" person is female. As a male, I know full well that there isn't a man in the world on a dating site just for chit chat because he is bored. So I was curious if in the female frame of mind that was a possibly legit excuse.

Let's also suppose that in this hypothetical scenario, she updated her info and pictures but as soon as she received a message and tried to reply, she found out that she would have to pay to continue so decided she "wasn't that bored" and moved on to something else without paying. Does the story hold water then?
  • binary_jester
    Options
    This is 100% me...when I am bored, sometimes I cruise the Craig's list personals because they crack me up.