30 Day Shred Just Starting Tonight 2/7/11

Options
2»

Replies

• tiffydcb21
    tiffydcb21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I will be starting Tuesday and even though I've done it several times before and really do enjoy it, I definitely need to have someone to hold me accountable for doing it each day! I will plan to do each level for 10 days!
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting tonight! I'm very, very out of shape so I know it will be hard, but I've read success stories of people on here as overweight and out of shape as me getting a lot of benefit from it.
  • MeghanAM
    Options
    Sorry for the double post, can't edit the last one.

I decided to jump right in after breakfast and WOW MY LEGS. I've never been so acutely aware of the muscles in my thighs before :laugh:

That was a great workout! I couldn't do all the push-ups during that part, and my form was getting sloppy at the end, but I made it through! Looking forward to tomorrow, leg muscles and all.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I jumped in before breakfast today and OWW my legs. Jillian sure knows how to pack a punch in a tiny amount of time :laugh:

No matter how much Turbojam or elliptical I do, nothing compares to Jillian kicking my butt in 25 minutes. Now to take advil so I can make it to day 2 :tongue:
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    STRETCH!! I cannot stress this enough.. I find she doesn't stretch her legs for that long afterwards - make sure you do!!!
  • christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting the Shred today! I've done it in the past, but I tend to get bored easily and I end up trading it out for another DVD. Hopefully, since there's a group to keep me accountable, I'll be able to get through the full 30 days. I'm definitely going to measure since it seems that I'll lose more inches than pounds. I"m always looking for friends, so feel free to friend me and we can do this together!
  • doriandenise
    Options
    i know im late but i wouls like to join as well!!
  • tiffydcb21
    tiffydcb21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well, I overslept today but I WILL be starting when I get home from work in the morning and am hoping this group will hold me accountable!!! I'm also going to try to get in some elliptical time each day as well!
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    level 1 day 3 completed!

for those adventurous souls who want something more intense (maybe after you complete the shred), there's this sparticus workout. i guess it's aimed towards guys but i would just use lighter weights with this workout. i haven't tried this workout yet but i will once i feel ready!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9LEjEV2n1Q&feature=fvw
  • MeghanAM
    Options
    Day 2 of level one done! OOF my legs! I also couldn't do all of the push-ups today, probably because I'm also doing the 100 push-ups challenge and had already done my day's worth this morning.

Very glad I started this!
  • tsamak310
    Options
    I'm in! I'm so glad I found a group that started when I did! I did my first workout last night at level one and WOW am I feeling the burn today! I am SO sore but in a good way! I'm really looking forward to completing the 30 days and work for the results! I've seen many other threads and these seem to work great as a support team! I took "before" pictures last night and hope that my "after" pictures show great results! I'll be taking my measurements tonight to track my progess. I'd love to see the number on the scale go down but know that it will be more rewarding to lose inches and for my clothes to fit better! Good luck everyone!
  • MeghanAM
    Options
    Just did today's shred! I've been using Google Videos to do a full half hour of stretching programs around my 3DS workout, 20 minutes before and 10 after. My legs don't hurt nearly as much since I've been doing the extra stretching.
  • tsamak310
    Options
    I did level1 day 2 last night and my arms and chest are even more sore today! I used lighter weights last night because 5 pound weights were too much to start with! I'll work my way up to them! I did extra stretching during the start-up of the dvd to help warm up some more. That seemed to help while working out! But after I was still SUPER sore! I felt better getting through the workout last night than I did on day 1. So hopefully tonight will be even better!
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    level 1 day 4 completed. experiencing some knee pains, especially my right knee. i do have knee problems from playing sports competitively (earlier in life). do any of you get knee pains from the workouts? i know i have good posture, my knees don't go over my toes, i dig my heels in instead of the balls of my feet etc. any advice?
  • tsamak310
    Options
    Day 3 level 1 completed last night! Felt great afterwards and not as sore this morning! I'm excited to get to it tonight!

@lolhippie - maybe try to not go so deep into the movements when your knees are bent until they get a little stronger? Probably adding some extra stretching and warming up before beginning would help as well. My knees haven't been bothering me during the workouts, but would think those changes would help. Good luck!
  • Twinkle230786
    Twinkle230786 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm starting tonight for the first time, dvd arrived this morning, really hope I see results as my wedding is in 3 months! x