Peeing

Options
Does peeing help you lose weight? I drink a ton of water, and therefore pee every 5 minutes. Is it actually peeing or the drinking of water that makes you lose weight? I know that the body is supposed to get used to drinking a lot of water...but its been over a year and I still pee every 5 minutes. It's getting annoying.

Sorry if thats TMI ;)

Replies

• kristineh86
    Options
    Does peeing help you lose weight? I drink a ton of water, and therefore pee every 5 minutes. Is it actually peeing or the drinking of water that makes you lose weight? I know that the body is supposed to get used to drinking a lot of water...but its been over a year and I still pee every 5 minutes. It's getting annoying.

Sorry if thats TMI ;)
  • chelsey787
    Options
    hahaha - i am always in the same boat as you! i was actually told yesterday that i have the "bladder of an infant"

but, really, i just drink so much water!

but i don't go every 5 minutes... more like 45! haha... and i think it just helps flush out all the toxins in your body... and staying hydrated helps you from feeling hungry when you're actually thirsty.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Peeing helps you lose water weight, but it happens independently of fat loss. If you're peeing every 5 minutes, you can cut back on your water consumption. We get plenty of water from the moisture in our food, and the extra 8 glasses is just there as a buffer to ensure we get enough. If you're urinating that frequently, you're getting more than enough water, and now you're just depleting electrolytes. :smile:
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    You may want to mention that to your doctor. You may have an over active bladder.

How much water are you drinking? You really shouldn't have more than 3 liters a day (2 if you don't exercise or sweat lots)...it depletes the salts from your body...which can be dangerous.
  • scheidch
    Options
    In addition to the possibility that your body is just getting too much water, I would recommend practicing Kegel exercises if you don't already. That should help with the urges to pee all the time. :smile: Best wishes to you!
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Options
    hahaha - i am always in the same boat as you! i was actually told yesterday that i have the "bladder of an infant"

but, really, i just drink so much water!

but i don't go every 5 minutes... more like 45! haha... and i think it just helps flush out all the toxins in your body... and staying hydrated helps you from feeling hungry when you're actually thirsty.

Every 45 minutes for me too. You can set a watch by me.
  • memeburke
    Options
    Also can be a sign of diabetes.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Also a sign of a UTI!

I know how ya feel! I finish p'ing and I feel like I have to go again! I am going to try cranberry pills, to see if it can help with UTI's!

Or an overactive bladder, I mean, you wouldn't think that even drinking that much wouldn't make you pee every 5 minutes! lol

You could be on the safe side and get a p test just to make sure everything is ok, or they make AZO test strips that you do at home!

:flowerforyou:
  • kristineh86
    Options
    wow thank you for all these responses! I just saw them now (very late) because the hard drive of my laptop died...which also means I lost all my school work so I am not a happy girl.

The diabetes thing is interesting....I actually mentioned it to my PC doctor and they completely disregarded it because my weight is healthy but that bothers me because I have a ton of the symptoms AND it runs in my family. Scary thought...

Thanks for everyone elses input too! I hope i'm not drinking TOO much...although I do drink a lot. I am going to talk to my doctor at my next visit. :)